AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Cleaning/treating the rag top

I'm sure this has been done to death before and I could search on old topics but I'd like to get a refresh on anything new out there

Renovo seems to get good reviews with their soft top canvas cleaner but Autoglyms cabrio fabric cleaner pips it according to: Soft Top cleaners test | Products | Auto Express

Any experiences with these or other products?

And next on to revivers - Renovo seem to be the least daunting here - I don't like the idea of dyeing (not that my rag top needs it)

Again, any experiences would be greatly received

And lastly onto waterproofing - loads of this stuff around for tents/boats etc. What's the difference between these and (again) Renovo?

TIA

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    We use this on convertable's.

303 Fabric/Vinyl Convertable Cleaner

303 calls it a convertible top cleaner. You'll call it an everything cleaner!
    • Cleans both fabric and vinyl convertible tops
    • Works great on your interior fabric, carpet and vinyl, too!
    Need to clean your convertible top? 303 Convertible Top Cleaner will do the job, and a whole lot more! 303 Convertible Top Cleaner is safe for all convertible tops regardless of the top's material. This multi-purpose cleaner safely cleans vinyl and fabric tops, carpet, vinyl upholstery and velour.
    Try it on grungy floor mats and be amazed. If this cleaner doesn't remove your worst stains, nothing will take them out! Not overstating, this cleaner will amaze you.

This wonderful 303 cleaner is a proprietary blend of sequester agents, surfactants and hyper-wetting agents. It works by lifting and suspending oil, grease and dirt so it can be rinsed or wiped away. Personally, I like this cleaner because it's extremely effective, safe and does not leave a white residue like so many other cleaners.

303 Convertible Top Cleaner meets or exceeds EPA standards for biodegradability. It does not contain soaps, detergents, toxic organics, phosphates, nitrates, enzymes, caustics, VOC's or abrasives. I also like that it is not a skin irritant and it does not contain any known or suspected carcinogens.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

2nd Gear

Status
    I use the 303 Cleaner and also a 303 Fabric Guard to protect and they are very impressive products. Water beads off the roof with the fabric guard applied.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

2nd Gear

Status
    Save yourself a bit of dosh... Use Milton sterilizing tablets in some warm water with a medium firm brush to get rid of any moss / green stuff. Then buy a tin of Fabsil and use this to re-waterproof it... I do mine every year like this - still looks like new... Fabsil is about 17 quid a tin...
    B6 S4 4.2 V8 SILVER SALOON - BEIGE ALCANTARA - BOSE SYMPHONY - DRILLED/GROOVED FRONT DISCS

FOR SALE: £6750ono

Previous Cars
    .:R32 MKIV 3DR Pearl Black (Awesome car), Lexus RX300, Lexus LS400, Mitsubishi Shogun Sport V6, Audi TT Roadster 225, Range Rover Vogue 4.6 V8, Mazda RX8 231, Peugeot 307 CC 180, Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5, BMW520i, Lexus IS200,Golf GTi MKV, Audi A4 1.9TDi 130

Neutral

Status
    Brilliant!

Thanks guys

Gonna try Big Rich's tip and see how it goes

1st Gear

Status
    Am going to re-do my roof soonish
    I have used the autoglim stuff but theres still some spots and
    Staines on there that aint going
    The re-proofer seems to work well though,
    Water beeds up and runs off on the move ok, wosh the od spot and marks would go though

3rd Gear

Status
    Did mine last weekend with the AG kit, its defo better but not perfect but quite a few reviews said it takes 2 goes to get it proper clean.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I used the Autoglym kit. It worked fine
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Another 303 user here.. (albeit with the Autoglym 'sponge'!)

One thing to consider, common sense really, but don't get too close to the fabric with a pressure washer. Use it, fine. Just knock the pressure down if you can and don't get too close!
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Neutral

Status
    Autoglyms cabrio fabric cleaner worked fine fro me beeds off as others have said but wont remove little mould spots or discolouring in the hood what will??