EM TuningChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xs2man

Thread: Alternative to Milltek's?

Neutral

Status

Alternative to Milltek's?

Just bought my S4 at the weekend but already looking at exhausts. I'll only be going for Catback and have found plenty of info on the Milltek's.
    Whats there doesnt seem to be is info on other options available in the UK. Ive seen the Mangnaflow, Fast Intentions, AWE etc from the States but from past experience its a ballache getting things in from there with customs duty etc.

Are there any other alternative available from UK dealers. Ive always been a fan of the like of Jetex but they dont do one. Im in Aberdeen so cant really travel to these custom guys on ebay.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I was going to go to Stainless Creations down about Falkirk for mine. Nothing but good reports on the svag from them.
    jbcalvin likes this.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    milltek or a custom job
    i know what you mean with charges from the us
    and if its the wrong part its ŁŁŁŁŁŁŁŁŁŁ to return

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Custom, where you based?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    I was going to go to Stainless Creations down about Falkirk for mine. Nothing but good reports on the svag from them.
    When you going down? Had a quote on how much?

4th Gear

Status
    Well, I was thinking the painting would be the more important thing to do, so was gonna get that done first. But my redundancy was been whittling away quicker than expected, so may take another month before that gets sorted. Then I was gonna look at the exhaust. So probably be the beginning of next month before I can get down.

BazC has just got his account back with Miltek though, and said he would beat any price I could find by a considerable margin. Well, thats what he said, and I found it for Ł667, which doesn't seem too bad, and if he can get for Ł600 I would be tempted as I doubt a custom chappy would be any cheaper anyway. But then it depends on the whole de-cat thing I guess. I'll still be getting the quote from stainless creations though as I have said twice before I would never buy Miltek again. May just call them and see what they say.

EDIT: Just called. The owner of Stainless Creations actually owns a B6 S4, but wasn't in today, so I'll call back tomorrow. As a rough guideline though, the business partner suggested it would be around the Ł700 mark for a cat-back depending on sound levels etc... Also heard from Baz, Ł650. So will decide when I speak to SC tomorrow probably, but like I said, beginning of next month before it happens. I could ask if there would be any discount for doing 2, lol.
    Last edited by xs2man; 6th April 2011 at 18:44.
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

3rd Gear

Status
    xs2man...

See if stainless creations would do a group deal as I am considering a new exhaust for my avant.... I'm sure there are plenty of scottish owners on here and svag that would be interested...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Neutral

Status
    Yeah Ive been in touch with Baz, to be honest if its not going to be much cheaper than a Milltek then Im going Milltek.

4th Gear

Status
    I will ask. If thats 3 of us, then at least that would be something. 2 x S4's really counts as 4 exhausts too, so that would be 5 right off the bat, lol.

Coullstar, fair enough. TBH, I don't think it would be any cheaper than a Miltek. BUT, having had 2 Milteks before, I'm not overly keen on going down that road again. I had issues with both of them. Could just be unlucky, but who knows? I'm certainly a bit more wary.

3rd Gear

Status
    i'd be interested in twin exit pipes

2nd Gear

Status
    A friend of mine had one of these fitted to his RX8 - not too expensive and custom made while you wait...

Exhausts - Custom Stainless Steel Exhausts - Powerflow Exhausts - High Performance Sports Exhaust Systems.
    B6 S4 4.2 V8 SILVER SALOON - BEIGE ALCANTARA - BOSE SYMPHONY - DRILLED/GROOVED FRONT DISCS

FOR SALE: ÂŁ6750ono

Previous Cars
    .:R32 MKIV 3DR Pearl Black (Awesome car), Lexus RX300, Lexus LS400, Mitsubishi Shogun Sport V6, Audi TT Roadster 225, Range Rover Vogue 4.6 V8, Mazda RX8 231, Peugeot 307 CC 180, Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5, BMW520i, Lexus IS200,Golf GTi MKV, Audi A4 1.9TDi 130

Neutral

Status
    Wouldnt go near Powerflow if Im honest.

3rd Gear

Status
    Got one years ago on my corrado, as said wouldn't think of getting another.

Neutral

Status
    Sod it, ive ordered a Milltek non res.

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coullstar View Post
    Sod it, ive ordered a Milltek non res.
    How much did you get it for?
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

4th Gear

Status
    do blueflame not make one?

i didn't like miltek on my friends golf back in the days as the pipe grew when warmed, and i mean quite a fair amount

then on the TT i saw rust spots over newish ones

Neutral

Status
    Blueflame only do one for the smaller engines. The growing is just awhat stainless does when hot, theres nothing you can do about that. Millteks do seem to be a bit love / hate hit or miss but from the photos and vids Ive seen they sound the best and sit the best on the car.

4th Gear

Status
    the ones i've seen fit flush, looked after and well cared for are great. but for me, i think for such an expensive piece of metal it should be better graded (possibly improved over the years)

i prefered the blueflame tips too, but can't deny that miltek do look and sound great, but alittle too oem for my liking

4th Gear

Status
    Get it from Baz? If so, did he quote you the same as he quoted me?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by p1tse View Post
    do blueflame not make one?

i didn't like miltek on my friends golf back in the days as the pipe grew when warmed, and i mean quite a fair amount

then on the TT i saw rust spots over newish ones
    I had a blueflame on my Mk3 Ibiza Cupra. was one of the finest pieces of stainless ive seen. quality, fit and sound was superb. Pity they dont do one for your s4

Neutral

Status
    I'd go custom anytime. Rtec in st Albans have sorted me our a few times now with top quality work and cheaper than any of these off the shelve jobs.
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

3rd Gear

Status
    I have A Blueflame Exhaust on my 1.8t 190 with high flow cat, i rang them and they used my car as the prototype, got a very good discount too which was nice.... Looks good, sounds nice and cant fault it in the 3 years i have had it. Worth a try if they dont have one already for the S4
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Neutral

Status
    Hi does any one know were I can get a blue flame exhaust apart from blue flame itself? looking at getting the exhaust and cat but want to know if I can get it cheaper from else were. cheers nozdog

Audi A4 Quattro 190
    Seat toledo V5 170
    Seat toledo 2.0 16v

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Try eBay.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Neutral

Status
    Hi CMD tryed there already nothing on there at the moment. CMD could I ask what is the difference between the 100 cel and the 200 cel?

Blue flame want just over a grand for the full system but the only other place I can find it on the web for the audi is DC preformance which is Ł807 anyone used them before or recormmend them?

Audi A4 Quattro 190
    Seat toledo V5 170
    Seat toledo 2.0 16v

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    I bought mine as part as a group buy that Awsome GTi were offering early last year, the total cost including the cat was Ł720 all in. 100 Cell is a little less restrictive than the 200 cell. I was advised by bager5 to go with the 200 cell with the remap . Try a company called Amber motorsport I think they sell the Blueflame. Awesome GTi no longer have dealings with Blueflame as they fell out over Blueflame broke contract rules or something like that
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Neutral

Status
    OK thanks for the info will have a look.

Audi A4 Quattro 190
    Seat toledo V5 170
    Seat toledo 2.0 16v