Volks AutosBadger5
    3rd Gear

Status

xcarlink i-pod/bluetooth - opinions

Hey guys,

With what I have spent already this year I just cannot afford the OEM multimedia kit and bluetooth kit for my RNS-E....

I have seen the x-carlink system for integrating i-pods/mp3 and with bluetooth attachment for phone which seems reasonable at Ł120...

Anyone got this installed or had it previously, and is it any use....

Cheers...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have the xcarlink but the BT only works when you are listen through the xcar(not radio/CD) So you have to select the xact to accept the call(Ithink)

3rd Gear

Status
    Sounds a bit weird that, so to be able to use the phone, I would need to be using the multimedia option? Does the xcarlink system not run permanently if I have my phone connected via BT?

How does that work then if I am listening to radio or have the nav running?

Louie do you have the RNS-E fitted?
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2nd Gear

Status
    I have the x-carlink, tbh i don't get on with it too well. I am thinking of taking it out as i have put in a nokia bluetooth car kit. I bought it with the bluetooth part and with the iphone cable. Let me know if you want to make me an offer as i'm thinking of changing the headunit to one with bluetooth etc built in.

Neutral

Status
    I have an X-Car link for sale....