Badger5Volks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Tips for this weekend...

OK guys, I have a long weekend off work and was planning to do a few bits and bobs to the car before this years service and MOT due, so far on the list I have..

fit door blades
    fit s-line sideskirts
    fit s-line rear lower valance
    fit rear parking sensors (for missus)
    fit new centre console/armrest
    fit new front grille
    fit votex front lower valance
    fit new rear number plate lights

I would like to get the engine running a lot better as well before getting it mapped, coolant temp sensor is on the list, possibly clean egr valve (depending on how hard it is) does anyone have any other suggestions..

Will also need to replace front and rear pads and discs soon, do I need any special tools and how difficult is it? I am reasonably mechanically minded...

Cheers

Steve
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    what s-line sideskirts do you mean mate ?

3rd Gear

Status
    The ones that sit under the blades between the wheel arches...

Not sure if the s-lines ones are radically different, but they are colour coded and I managed to get a set the same colour as my car...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    You might find door blades and side skirts together a bit much.

You'll need a caliper reset tool for the rear brakes, approx 20 from Halfords or similar.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    ive still got side skirts for mine (vortex style) but still unsure about fitting them

3rd Gear

Status
    quattrojames...

is replacing the side skirts a big job? I thought they just bolted on??

Have also added rear parking sensors to the list as well, gonna be a busy boy this weekend...

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Good luck this weekend but make sure you finish early as it's mothers day on Sunday.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jbcalvin View Post
    quattrojames...

is replacing the side skirts a big job? I thought they just bolted on??
    I don't know I've never done it. When i said a "bit too much" I meant visually.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers Quattrojames,

I don't think there is a huge difference and as I am doing a full s-line conversion thought it would be logical to change the side skirts as well, just to keep it as OEM as possible....

Anyone any suggestions on the engine front?

BahnStormer

Status
    that is ONE weekend's work?

My entire task list for the car this weekend is "swap 16's (winter tyres) for S4 18's (summer tyres)"... and I'll probably still struggle
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol Lostbok....

To be fair, it is a 4 day weekend and it will be subject to the weather conditions which can be unpredictable where I stay in Scotland.....

Status

My Social Networking

Whats up with how the engine is running? There's not a great deal of preventative things you can do to make it run better, new filters and injection cleaner might help if it needs it.

There was a thread on here about cleaning the EGR valve recently.

3rd Gear

Status
    I was thinking EGR clean and coolant temp sensor change as the temp guage isn't getting up to 90 degrees...

It's not the pump or thermostat as they were changed last year when the timing belt was done....

Just wondered if there was anything else...

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok,

Didn't get anything done yesterday as had to take in-laws to airport....

Today, stripped out the entire rear end of the car, cleaned 8 years worth of dirt out, fitted parking sensors ans s-line lower valance...

Tomorrow I plan on doing the door blades/side skirts and start on the centre console/armrest...