Badger5JMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Brunette

No Ego

Status

Sexy Brunette

Hey People

I'm just about to buy an Audi A4 1.8T Auto Convertible for the summer but before i do i need some information on some parts i want to buy for it.

1. I'm going to buy 19" RS6 replica Alloy Wheels but i don't want them to rub so what offset and tires do i get?

2. Where can i buy some chrome S4 wing mirrors from?

3. If my car doesn't come with Xenon's can i just buy some and pop them in?

Thanks in advance

P.S: ive added some pics below of how i want my Audi to look.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    nice motor, i just got 1, in blue,
    i went for 18" r8 rep wheels, (from the good old ebay) they look cool and dont rub at all, theres a pic on the pix of your motor bit on here.
    my xenons where just a bulb replacment from the abov mentiond, and there cool as well.

ok now then, the off ste for your motor is 38-45, but theres allways spacers, and the pdc is 112, well thats whats on my motor anyhow

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by saxonblue View Post
    nice motor, i just got 1, in blue,
    i went for 18" r8 rep wheels, (from the good old ebay) they look cool and dont rub at all, theres a pic on the pix of your motor bit on here.
    my xenons where just a bulb replacment from the abov mentiond, and there cool as well.
    No this ain't my car this is how i want my car to look after ive put my wheels on it. So all i need are Xenon bulbs and ive got Xenons?

Quote Originally Posted by saxonblue View Post
    ok now then, the off ste for your motor is 38-45, but theres allways spacers, and the pdc is 112, well thats whats on my motor anyhow
    I'm still Confused.com about what offset to get? What would i need spacers for?

3rd Gear

Status
    19" RS6 with an offset of 42 will cause no rubbing, thats what i'm running on mine. Some people put spacers on so it sits nearer to the arch, if you want that look try an offset of 35-38
    Tyre size you want is 235 35 19 or 225 35 19 if you want the stretched look of the tyre on the rim, i run 235 35 19 on mine.
    The S4 Chrome Mirrors i got some replica ones off ebay for 29, look good and just stick over your originals.
    The Xenon/HID lights, is a different matter, i bought 2, 8K hid kits for mine, the headlight set from HID'd direct cost about 60, and a cheap set from singapore for 30 delivered for my lower fog lights, i didn't like the yellow halogeon glow. You might want to replace your sidelights with led ones as well, it makes the front look miles better at night, if you want to see a pic let me know. Hope this helps
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Neutral

Status
    8K HID Lights? Wow you may as well not bother as you hardly get any light on the road they are so blue? By comparison OEM is 4300 Kelvin.

For 19" I would go with ET35 8J to avoid any problems and no need for spacers.

Oh and none came with sLine badges on the front grille nor the rear of the car ;-)
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

1st Gear

Status
    get 6k hid kits, ice white with a tinge of blue, not too much,, looks awsome!!!!
    heres my 6k 's

1st Gear

Status
    mine came with s line badges, front and rear, and was part of he original order on the car.
    2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 TDI S Line 163BHP
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

3rd Gear

Status
    Everyones different, i'm not a fan of 4300k look too yellow for me, so i went for the 8k, light output has never been an issue, and i like the look
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

6th Gear

Status
    i have 6k and love them as it dose have a small hint of blue but gives it a good look imo i put the chrome door mirrors on mine but and do not mean to affend any one that has them but i did not like the stick on ones as you can see the old one under it so got the ones that replace the hole case you can pick them up on ebay you do pay a bit more but worth it i think

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    19" RS6 with an offset of 42 will cause no rubbing, thats what i'm running on mine.
    Can you upload some pics because i would love to see what your car looks like?

if you want the stretched look of the tyre on the rim,
    Where can i see what these look like because i don't think ive ever seen that style before?

The S4 Chrome Mirrors i got some replica ones off ebay for 29, look good and just stick over your originals.
    Can you possibly give me a link to the ebay page where you got them from?

The Xenon/HID lights, is a different matter, i bought 2, 8K hid kits for mine, the headlight set from HID'd direct cost about 60, and a cheap set from singapore for 30 delivered for my lower fog lights, i didn't like the yellow halogeon glow. You might want to replace your sidelights with led ones as well, it makes the front look miles better at night, if you want to see a pic let me know. Hope this helps
    Dude you rock thanks for all the helpful information i really appreciate it. Can you upload as many pics as possible so i can see everything you have done to your car?

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simon2004 View Post
    i have 6k and love them as it dose have a small hint of blue but gives it a good look imo i put the chrome door mirrors on mine but and do not mean to affend any one that has them but i did not like the stick on ones as you can see the old one under it so got the ones that replace the hole case you can pick them up on ebay you do pay a bit more but worth it i think
    Can you upload a pic so i can see what they look like? Also do you have a link to the ebay page where you got them from?

6th Gear

Status
    heres mine and this is the same ones i have not who i got mine from mind but iv had mine a few mths now Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers on eBay (end time 04-Apr-11 21:27:39 BST)

No Ego

Status
    heres mine and this is the same ones i have not who i got mine from mind but iv had mine a few mths now Audi A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 Chrome Mirror Housings Caps Covers on eBay (end time 04-Apr-11 21:27:39 BST)

They look beautiful were they easy to fit? Thanks for the ebay link?

6th Gear

Status
    not to bad 2 screws under them and bit of wiggling i took the glass out as well

No Ego

Status
    not to bad 2 screws under them and bit of wiggling i took the glass out as well
    Thanks mate!

6th Gear

Status
    no worrys ;-)

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    S-Line cabs are different to the saloon/avants, take a look at the bumpers for a start: hence the differing badge specs.

HID's are pretty much a must have on this forum lol! Whilst they're still legal I've got 6000k but will go to 4300k soon with a view to getting more light output.

I sprayed my mirrors Avus silver to match my (then) wheels. Cheap and effective. I was put off oem caps by people having theirs mirrors ripped off
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    S-Line cabs are different to the saloon/avants, take a look at the bumpers for a start: hence the differing badge specs.
    Oh... thanks for the heads up.

HID's are pretty much a must have on this forum lol! Whilst they're still legal I've got 6000k but will go to 4300k soon with a view to getting more light output.
    What are HID's are they aftermarket Xenons or are they OEM?

I sprayed my mirrors Avus silver to match my (then) wheels. Cheap and effective. I was put off oem caps by people having theirs mirrors ripped off
    Yes ive heard about this but luckily ive got secured underground parking so as long as im careful where i park when im out and about hopefully i can avoid the thiefs.
    Last edited by The Original Scarface; 27th March 2011 at 05:53.

3rd Gear

Status
    Heres a few pics taken this afternoon of the wheels and s4 mirrors, i'll get a night pic to show the lights off in a min

Status

My Social Networking

Car looks nice Pabs! First S-Line I've seen on a 53 plate.

HID's are High Intensity Discharge (gas) bulbs which come in an H7 fitment to fit in A4 headlights. Aftermarket xenon's if you like.

No Ego

Status
    Heres a few pics taken this afternoon of the wheels and s4 mirrors, i'll get a night pic to show the lights off in a min

Yeah your car looks very nice im impressed. Quality! Thanks for the pics?

3rd Gear

Status
    Battery on my camera is dead but heres a phone pic, i would also recommend doing the led number plate lights as well,

No Ego

Status
    HID's are High Intensity Discharge (gas) bulbs which come in an H7 fitment to fit in A4 headlights. Aftermarket xenon's if you like.
    Ok thanks!

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers quattrojames its one of the first s-line 190's, 53 plate but 2004 registered, first pics showing my recent attempt of vinyl wrapping the chrome grills, didn't want to spray them black just incase i changed my mind..

No Ego

Status
    Battery on my camera is dead but heres a phone pic, i would also recommend doing the led number plate lights as well,
    Nice pics the lights look really cool. Yeah im definitely going to do the number plate lights too. Can you give me the link to where you bought your 19" alloys from?

3rd Gear

Status
    Got this set off ebay, it was a lucky find as i got 5 wheels with brand new tyres for 550, i always like to have a full size spare, these are replica 19's with genuine centre caps. There are normally plenty on ebay some brand new with tyres, some without and some in need off tlc but could be worth it if you know a good refurb company

No Ego

Status
    You might want to replace your sidelights with led ones as well, it makes the front look miles better at night.
    When you say my side lights do you mean my indicators or the side of my headlights?

3rd Gear

Status
    your sidelights, if your putting xenons or getting a hid kit then definately change your sidelights for led, mine are only 4 led but will be changing them to either 9 or 15 led sidelights, i think quattrojames might have them, heres a pic of some 4 led sidelights, these are cheap ones of ebay i got 10 for 99p delivered.

No Ego

Status
    Does anybody know if you can buy LED rear lights for the A4?

Status

My Social Networking

I've seen LED rears for the B7, but never the B6. Worth a look on Audizine, or TMTuning.com.

For the LED front sidelights I'd recommend Ultraleds.co.uk from personal experience, search for "501 Tower".

No Ego

Status
    I've seen LED rears for the B7, but never the B6. Worth a look on Audizine, or TMTuning.com.

For the LED front sidelights I'd recommend Ultraleds.co.uk from personal experience, search for "501 Tower".
    Thanks dude much appreciated!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Rhino View Post
    Does anybody know if you can buy LED rear lights for the A4?
    Not certain whether they are LED lights, but they look like them :-)

Audi A4 8H Cabrio LED Rear Lights - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dejongj View Post
    That website is amazing for Audi stuff thanks mate!

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Why didn't I see this thread?!

If you need any other pics etc I have quite a few as I have a similar car lol!

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS555 View Post
    Why didn't I see this thread?!

If you need any other pics etc I have quite a few as I have a similar car lol!
    I would love to see some pics of your car mate.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Pabs, that's a really nice car!!!! Shows how well the B6 has aged, doesn't look old at all. Excellent styling choices too, it just works very well.

Black Rhino, let us know how you get on. We all love pics of cars

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Black Rhino, let us know how you get on. We all love pics of cars
    No prob as soon as i buy the car ill upload the pics straight away.
    Last edited by The Original Scarface; 29th March 2011 at 10:57.

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Here's a few - my wheels are changing as I've just bought some Bentley's to go on!

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Oh, and of course!

No Ego

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS555 View Post
    Here's a few - my wheels are changing as I've just bought some Bentley's to go on!

Your car is beautiful you must be very happy. Thanks for the pics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast