added extras with VAG-COM

a4 cabrio

Reaction score
After chatting with a couple of guys at the recent remap group buy in Castleford, they were telling me that with VAG -COM you can add features, such as, opening and closing windows with the key fob.

would anybody have any idea what i could add to my car, 2005 a4 cabriolet, 2.5tdi s line???

also if i liked the idea of anything that could be done, is there anybody with VAG-COM local-ish to me, Selby North Yorkshire, who would be able to do this for me for the price of a few beer tokens?????

oh i meant to say, as far as i am aware the auto windows via key fob cant be added to a cabriolet, would that be right???

I have the remote auto windows on mine but thats a saloon, and i'm pretty sure my mate did it on his A5 Cab, so yours should be ok, i will check with him tomorrow..

I am the same as Pabs, my remote auto windows were already enabled! Try holding your unlock button to see if yours are? .. An additional feature I got was the selective locking and unlocking. Press the unlock key once and only the drivers door opens, twice and all the doors including the boot open!:happy: I also got the Auto Door locking when the car goes over 15mph very very handy imo. :happy:

I am the same as Pabs, my remote auto windows were already enabled! Try holding your unlock button to see if yours are? .. An additional feature I got was the selective locking and unlocking. Press the unlock key once and only the drivers door opens, twice and all the doors including the boot open!:happy: I also got the Auto Door locking when the car goes over 15mph very very handy imo. :happy:

I also did the auto door locking. I love it for when the wife is out and about with the little one as she always would forget to lock her doors normally.

I have considered the alarm beep too , but how loud is it? Having said that...the alarm is like a whisper so can't imagine it's a loud beep on this.

I think with an extra module you can get the roof of a cabriolet to come up and down via remote, but I'm not 100% sure. A user on here, called onewheelonly (I think) had it.

He had a lot of mods on his car, but has moved away from the Audi scene. Check his old posts though.

Reactions: AudiAndy21
alarm beep is not a loud beep.

I love it because I know I have locked the car.

I have enabled this on my car, brothers golf and my dad's A2.

i would love to have the auto windows, i have tried to do it via the key fob, but it defo doesnt work on mine.

i would like to have the alarm beep as well

i have heard about the auto roof module n the cabriolet, but as far as i am aware you have to take it to a dealer for something to be fitted to the car to enable this too work

i have the out lock and the window one but i have to push the lock button ones to lock it then click it a second time to shut the windows and the same for opening them push the unlock then come off the button then strate back on and it will open the windows till i take my finger off the button

Where do you get the codes or instructions for reprogramming vag com to do the windows and beep?

I think they're on the Ross Tech website. It's the central convenience module that needs coding, and in fact, in VCDS itself it will tell you the coding required via a pop up when you select the coding entry field. For remote operation, I think you also need to set the correct adaptation values for the features you want the remote to operate. I can't remember the exact values but if they aren't on the Ross Tech site then a google search ought to find them...

I've added the auto lock at 15mph

Him located in hull which is not a far drive

I have a cab and i believe that you can't operate the windows on the cab as it conflicts with the roof module. Sorry

I am planning to get the smarttop module for the roof, once the sun actually comes out!!

I am looking for others things to do on VCDS, already had the auto locking enabled on the car.

Relatively speaking with the newer Audis, there aren't a lot of tweaks that can be done. But there's enough to make your car a bit individual - (most have already been said, here's what I can remember)

anti-hijack,
locking beep (best one imo - saves looking at the car as you walk away, just listen for the beep!),
auto windows up/down with remote,
add/remove the final wipe after windscreen wash (I think you can),
extend/reduce time of coming home lights,
instrument cluster lighting (needles/scales lit/not lit etc)

Right so im now confused as to how this works. All looks like binary to me lol.

Is this something that can be done by myself?

I have the auto windows but the "beep" and auto locking sound useful.

Another one is I think having the mirrors auto fold (well if you have electrically folding mirrors in the first place) when switching off the engine.

Another one is I think having the mirrors auto fold (well if you have electrically folding mirrors in the first place) when switching off the engine.
That's not something you can code with VCDS on a B6 or B7, but it can be done on later cars with MMI.

On the B6/B7 you need to add some timer relays and do some wiring mods to fold the mirrors on ignition off/on.

Automatically locks the door when you get above 15kmh. They then unlock by the door button, or when you pull the ignition key out.

Automatically locks the door when you get above 15kmh. They then unlock by the door button, or when you pull the ignition key out.

or pull the inside handle twice :)

Can you do the needle sweep on a b6? I keep meaning to do the one touch unlock but keep forgetting

I really want the mirror tilt function when reverse is selected, but you need memory seats fitted from factory apparently due to the extra kit that is added :(

Well thanks to who posted about the auto windows I didn't know if you held the lock button the windows close... So you learn somethink every day thanks again

Can you do coming home lights on a b6? i can't find the code for it on VCDS.

J