Badger5AH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Engine Management Light

The first time I checked the codes stored, 16805 - Warm Up Catalyst; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold was the error stored along with

17947 ?
    18010/P1602/005634 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low

I reset the codes and the EML went out and didn't come back for a few weeks, next time it lit up I checked the codes (unfortunately I forgot to note the code) but it listed the fault as something like clutch pedal sensor limit reached...

Can anyone help with this at all? I drove the car 40 miles after the reset and the light hasn't come up again yet.

Thanks
    '03 A4 Convertible 2.4 Manual
    '94 Mitsubishi Delica 2.8 LWB

2. # ADS
    ADS

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Get a scan and the respective codes and we can probably advise?

Old errors which may not be relevant are stored until reset so it is always good practice to print out codes stored before and after a DTC reset.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Reverse Gear

Status
    That's what I have done? I'm basically asking if anyone knows how a clutch pedal sensor can illuminate a the light for the EML? Surely that light is generally for emissions.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    There is a switch above the clutch pedal and this is linked to the ecu so it knows when the clutch is pressed as these cars are drive by wire. if it stops working then i suppose the eml will show as the ecu will not be recieving any data to whats happening from the clutch
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply. The light still hasn't come back up so it must be an intermittent thing or perhaps some random glitch...