Monster MotorsportChris Nott

Thread: Avant boot leak

4th Gear

Status

Avant boot leak

I recently found water in the wheel well and someone suggested the high level brake light but in removing the trim at the edge of the roof I found that it was held on by 5 poppers one of which fell out so may not have been in its hole from day one .The others came out so easily and the dirt behind the O ring seals shows that these are not 100% effective so I have cleaned and sealed in with silicone hoping that I have found the problem.I would advise checking this

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    i would think its the old washer pipe to the rear wiper has come adrift
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    i would think its the old washer pipe to the rear wiper has come adrift
    The washer is fine and theres no water inside the talgate trim so if this doesnt work will try sealant round the brake light

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    What about the small piece of rubber on the corner of the rear light, both present?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    What about the small piece of rubber on the corner of the rear light, both present?
    Yes Jamesbut out of curiousity I poured some water down the gaps and it drains out of the underneath so this piece seems moulded to direct water down there and it does not break into the load area but shows why the rear of the rear light clusters are exposed..These poppers must get a lot of water off the roof so must be 100% watertight and I dont think the O rings were doing that .Cheers Mike

4th Gear

Status
    Now that I have looked at my sons Avant and seen that one rubber piece had the edge outside where it fits the body shape I have pulledout the edge on the other and both of mine .No idea how they got forced behind the rearlights or why but this should help