EM TuningAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37

    B7 to B6 Rear Lights coding, step by step instructions needed please

    Hi
    Can any one help with step by step instructions on Vagcom coding needed to make b7 cab rear lights work in b6 cab with the adapters.
    Cheers

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    946
    Maybe here or here - always the best place to start with respects to any Coding.

    Will your current B6 Power Control Module be compatible with newer B7 features?
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

  4. #3
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    Maybe here or here - always the best place to start with respects to any Coding.

    Will your current B6 Power Control Module be compatible with newer B7 features?
    I hope so,i dont see why not as others have done this mod with success

  5. #4
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by fullbor3 View Post
    I hope so,i dont see why not as others have done this mod with success
    Out of curiosity why did they have to recode any modules?
    Would of thought the wiring adapters would be enough.
    Let us know how you get on.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

  6. #5
    CHRIS555's Avatar
    DOPE with added OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,941
    Speak to PJMSpeedy - he's done it with his - I've seen his and they look awesome and I will definately be doing mine in the next month or so for sure.

  7. #6
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Woorlord View Post
    Out of curiosity why did they have to recode any modules?
    Would of thought the wiring adapters would be enough.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Your Right the adapters i bought from www.bks-tuning.com product#AUA4LO21,Worked without coding,result. Cost me 65 euro`s/ 57 for the 2 delivered.

  8. #7
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,930
    was gonna say you dont need to code them they are plug and play
    apart from wireing the second fog light in

  9. #8
    1wheelonly's Avatar
    cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Lounge
    Posts
    2,062
    They do require coding !!!
    You will find that they work ok with the loom adaptors but the light up of the rears is incorrect
    Only the square in the middle should be lit, you will find that on yours now that the middle square and the strip above will be dimly lit
    The top section is for brake lights only on the b7 rears

    And also there is only one fog light on the b7 rears
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

  10. #9
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    They do require coding !!!
    You will find that they work ok with the loom adaptors but the light up of the rears is incorrect
    Only the square in the middle should be lit, you will find that on yours now that the middle square and the strip above will be dimly lit
    The top section is for brake lights only on the b7 rears

    And also there is only one fog light on the b7 rears
    ok...........can u do a pic so i can get me head around it i.e b4 and after if poss.ta ?

  11. #10
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    They do require coding !!!
    You will find that they work ok with the loom adaptors but the light up of the rears is incorrect
    Only the square in the middle should be lit, you will find that on yours now that the middle square and the strip above will be dimly lit
    The top section is for brake lights only on the b7 rears

    And also there is only one fog light on the b7 rears
    or i do my b4 pic and u do ur after pic ?

  12. #11
    CHRIS555's Avatar
    DOPE with added OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    They do require coding !!!
    You will find that they work ok with the loom adaptors but the light up of the rears is incorrect
    Only the square in the middle should be lit, you will find that on yours now that the middle square and the strip above will be dimly lit
    The top section is for brake lights only on the b7 rears

    And also there is only one fog light on the b7 rears
    Ditto - they defo need coding! You will need to find someone who has VAG.COM and knows how to use it properly

  13. #12
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    I have been looking at mine recently, never actually checked them at night as I am always driving it. But I let my mate drive it a few days ago and I noticed that I too have the issue of the top light still being illuminated. When it should only be the square in the middle of the light that is lit up. Can anyone help??
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  14. #13
    Woorlord's Avatar
    shifting to Hyperspace... .

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tiptree, Essex
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS555 View Post
    Ditto - they defo need coding! You will need to find someone who has VAG.COM and knows how to use it properly
    Out of curiosity the correct coding for this retrofit is?
    This may help a non-cab VCDS person help a cabby owner without VCDS.
    Last edited by Woorlord; 7th April 2011 at 20:26.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

  15. #14
    1wheelonly's Avatar
    cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Lounge
    Posts
    2,062
    cant remember the channel numbers,
    i think its central electrics, channel 002, not done it for a while but iyou need to find it in the brake light dimming
    it only shows saloon and avant,
    it will show 25%, this has to be set to 0% now

    the reason for this is due to the b6 having the rear lights as driving lights and brake lights combined ( getting brighter when braking )
    the b7 rears are independant, therefore no need for the top section to be lit ( now the centre square is lit ) top is brake lights only, now set to 0% and going to 100% when braking
    Last edited by 1wheelonly; 7th April 2011 at 19:49.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

  16. #15
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelonly View Post
    cant remember the channel numbers,
    i think its central electrics, channel 002, not done it for a while but iyou need to find it in the brake light dimming
    it only shows saloon and avant,
    it will show 25%, this has to be set to 0% now

    the reason for this is due to the b6 having the rear lights as driving lights and brake lights combined ( getting brighter when braking )
    the b7 rears are independant, therefore no need for the top section to be lit ( now the centre square is lit ) top is brake lights only, now set to 0% and going to 100% when braking
    Excellent info, just need to get Quattrojames on the case,as he has offered to have a go,but if anyone else in the dorset area wanna give me a hand it will be very much appreciated ?

  17. #16
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,698

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by fullbor3 View Post
    Excellent info, just need to get Quattrojames on the case,as he has offered to have a go,but if anyone else in the dorset area wanna give me a hand it will be very much appreciated ?
    Your trust in me is flattering!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  18. #17
    itsmeagain's Avatar
    1.8T Sport Cabriolet

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    435
    Got mine coded today, took a few seconds. Now my lights look like they are supposed to.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

  19. #18
    fullbor3's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Your trust in me is flattering!
    Sorry,didnt mean to poo poo your help,its just a comment made here,to get some one that knows vagcom etc

  20. #19
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Hi 1Wheelonly I have a B6 cabby and a pair of B7 rear lights can you do mine and will I need the adapters also.
    Have you a contact number? mine is 07976469403 Alan

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO