S4 Matt Black Vinyl Wrap pics.......

cfoster

Reaction score
As some may know my ever colour changing S4 is on its way to becoming Matt Black!! Made some good progress yesterday so though i'd post some pics up (allbeit awful iPhone ones!!!!). Its getting there slowly, roof, bonnet, bumper and passenger is done bar the sideskirt which i'm aiming to do tonight!! I've also taken the carbon off of the roof rails!

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Chris :)

Amazing!!!!!!!!! Any damage after removing the white wrap? Do mine? ;)

ooh, I like that a lot more than I thought I would Chris. can't wait to see a few high quality shots when you're done.
next week.. noggy blue? tartan? :)

jd26 - no damage whatsoever mate after removing the white, I did keep it red for a month or so!!

fourcircle - no more colours after this as i'll be selling up late Spring!! Although I am going to be wrapping the doors white for Le Mans as our theme this year is yank police cars!!!!!

haha. that'll be a great look. so do you know 100% what you're changing to?

fourcircle - not sure yet mate, I test drove a Range Rover Sport at the weekend and didnt like it so thats off the list, quite fancy a 6 series convertible BMW but have yet to drive one. RS4 is on the cards but a bit wairy of running costs!!

surely the RS4 couldn't be worse than the range rover sport? is it not single figures in terms of mpg? 6 series convertible sounds really nice, although I'd definitely find it hard to stray from 4wd now I think. I don't imagine your S4 will stay on autotrader for long when you list it, that's for sure.

Looks great! Cant wait to see it finished... I really liked the white and tbh thought matt black looked a bit played out but this is really working for me! Keep up the good work!

cfoster,

Is this something you do for a living? or just for your own motors?

How difficult is it to do? Id love to do mine in white, is it realistic to think you could get a decent finish?

Cheers

I've had a signwriting business for about 10 years mate but only time, I did do it full time for about a year but can earn a better living working in London (I work in IT for a Bank) so downsized again, still offer the same products, signage, embroidery, canvas printing etc but I have the opportunity now to pick and choose the work I want to do!

It isnt easy to do if you have no vinyl experience. I have wrapped other peoples cars but never advertise it due to time constraints on my side!

Chris

small world! I'm lucky enough to travel a fair bit but unfortunately based in the UK! Who you work for?

jd26 - no damage whatsoever mate after removing the white, I did keep it red for a month or so!!

fourcircle - no more colours after this as i'll be selling up late Spring!! Although I am going to be wrapping the doors white for Le Mans as our theme this year is yank police cars!!!!!

I had this saved on my computer as ther is something about it !
AudiA4.jpg

That is proper awesome Chris! I didn't think I could like your Avant more than when it was white, but you've proved me wrong!

small world! I'm lucky enough to travel a fair bit but unfortunately based in the UK! Who you work for?
Used to work for NAG in Glasgow but banking being banking they were pushing people about into jobs they didn't want to force resignations (don't have to pay redundancies like that). So I told them to shove it and left the country. Now work for a regional development company bringing FDI and really like it. Let's see if I can do well enough to justify a LHD S4 and 20m of matt black vinyl :)

Few more pics...! Decided I'm gonna do the front bumper again, was one of the first panels I did (with a minging hangover!!) and noticed I cut too far from the headlight (notice the red under the light). Did the sideksirt yesterday afternoon. Aiming to get it finished by the end of the weekend!

s4003.jpg

s4002.jpg

s4001.jpg

s4004.jpg

Chris :)

That looks ace! I'm trying to achieve a matt look with mine by not washing it for weeks, but your method beats mine hands down :D

Shame you're selling up, but I guess a change is always fun. I loved both the white and the black, but think I prefer the black. As for the vinyl wrapping, do you do door gaps etc, or is it just not worth it for time?

I really do love that car. I think you should take a huge hi-res style photo so I can use it as my work desktop wallpaper.

Loving this rap, would like to learn how to do this!