AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

A4 Cabriolet -window regulator cable snapped! Help needed

The electric window regulator cable has snapped on the front left. I phoned Audi and they said they will only provide the entire mechanism for Ł120+vat. Which is a little expensive as I was hoping to get a repair kit similar to that VW do.
    Does anyone know if a repair kit is available? I have seen some online but all are for 4 doors. Is the cable the same as the 4 door?

I would be hugely grateful for any advice as don't want to fork out that. My dad works for VW so fitting/difficulty isn't an issue.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I believe part code for LHS front regulator without motor is 8H0 837 461 A , I dont thnink you can buy the cable separatly.

Have a look in EBay, i have seen cab regulators qute often.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

3rd Gear

Status
    Worth a look maybe - 2004 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET PASSENGER FRONT WINDOW REGULATOR on eBay (end time 13-Apr-11 16:47:14 BST)

Obviously check the part number to make sure it fits !
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Reverse Gear

Status
    My drivers side regulator on my A4 cab snapped last week. According to Audi it isn't known for them to snap on the cabs (yeah right), and the regulator is different to a normal saloon. Anyhow I ended up paying Ł265 to have it done at Audi. Turn around of 2 days, expensive but did get 2 years guarantee and the car washed and hoovered
    Would have done it myself but sourcing the right part and time was against me. Plus the fact I didn't fancy pulling the door apart
    Last edited by shadieb; 20th March 2011 at 20:25.

Neutral

Status
    I have the parts guy doing research on alternatives to the full unit. So will update you, if I find a cheaper way to do it. Consider buy a 4door repair kit to see if it fits before forking out. Cheers for the replies though.

Neutral

Status
    Considering buying!

Neutral

Status
    I bought the 4 door repair kit and it didnt fit, but worth a try for Ł15. (So PM me if anyone wants one for the left hand side). I have bought the whole unit from Audi so having it fitted tomorrow morning now.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Pictures showing wire replacement. Tricky job but well worth it . The hardest screws to find were in at the door hinge behind the rubber seal as can be seen in the pic showing the allen key sticking out.690.jpg688.jpg686.jpg685.jpg684.jpg683.jpg682.jpg681.jpg680.jpg689.jpg

this job had its ups and downs trying to adjust it but got it spot on in the end. The mechanism cost roughly ÂŁ120 consider this if you get a quote from a garage. cheers