Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Thread: upgrade/mod

1st Gear

Status

upgrade/mod

looking to fit a tailgate spoiler to my avant,is it worth loking at any on e-bay or just buy oem?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Oem every time, i got mine from vagparts when they were around, the dealer price in 2007 was 153.19 with a part number of 8E9 071 640 K 9AX you will also need the fixing kit which is basicaly a cleaner and glue with a part number of 000 071 785
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the info.does the spoiler then fit around the high level brake light?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stuhow3361 View Post
    thanks for the info.does the spoiler then fit around the high level brake light?
    Yes you can still see the brake light, if you want some pics pm me your email addy and i'll foward you some.
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

nj

Status
    would you mind posting a good pic in this thread mate? I've wondered about rear spoilers recently
    cheers
    nj
    Anybody selling a polisher? PM me.
    -----------------------------------
    A4 B6 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fourcircle View Post
    would you mind posting a good pic in this thread mate? I've wondered about rear spoilers recently
    cheers
    nj
    Hi, i have put some before and after pics up, hope this is of some help.

[

nj

Status
    great, thanks. I must ponder this now and then fabricate a valid reason should I have to explain to my missus why i've bought one

2nd Gear

Status
    you can always say that a crack or something appeared on the part that is covered by the new spoiler so to stop water getting in you just had to get a new one. otherwise you need a whole new tailgate! worth a shot lol

nj

Status
    that's not far off the reasoning last year when I bought an s-line front valance, s-line door mouldings and a new rear valance. I got a standard rear from QuattroJames at the time instead of splashing out on an s-line one and wish now i'd just gone the whole hog. the front valance was genuinely broken and the rear had a big notch out of it for the tow ball so I had a bit of valid reasoning. not so sure I'll get away with it 2 years running (unless I accidentally reverse into a moose!!! genius!!)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah steer clear of ebay, especially garyf1971, guy sells crap & honours nothing, oem everytime.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice work Matt! I don't miss many threads in here, but this one totally passed me by!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.