upgrade/mod

stuhow3361

Reaction score
looking to fit a tailgate spoiler to my avant,is it worth loking at any on e-bay or just buy oem?

Oem every time, i got mine from vagparts when they were around, the dealer price in 2007 was £153.19 with a part number of 8E9 071 640 K 9AX you will also need the fixing kit which is basicaly a cleaner and glue with a part number of 000 071 785

thanks for the info.does the spoiler then fit around the high level brake light?

thanks for the info.does the spoiler then fit around the high level brake light?

Yes you can still see the brake light, if you want some pics pm me your email addy and i'll foward you some.

would you mind posting a good pic in this thread mate? I've wondered about rear spoilers recently
cheers
nj

would you mind posting a good pic in this thread mate? I've wondered about rear spoilers recently
cheers
nj

Hi, i have put some before and after pics up, hope this is of some help.

audi4.jpg

IMG_0030-1.jpg

[
IMG_0020-1.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

037.jpg

great, thanks. I must ponder this now and then fabricate a valid reason should I have to explain to my missus why i've bought one :)

you can always say that a crack or something appeared on the part that is covered by the new spoiler so to stop water getting in you just had to get a new one. otherwise you need a whole new tailgate! worth a shot lol

that's not far off the reasoning last year when I bought an s-line front valance, s-line door mouldings and a new rear valance. I got a standard rear from QuattroJames at the time instead of splashing out on an s-line one and wish now i'd just gone the whole hog. the front valance was genuinely broken and the rear had a big notch out of it for the tow ball so I had a bit of valid reasoning. not so sure I'll get away with it 2 years running (unless I accidentally reverse into a moose!!! genius!!)

Yeah steer clear of ebay, especially garyf1971, guy sells crap & honours nothing, oem everytime.

Nice work Matt! I don't miss many threads in here, but this one totally passed me by!