Dilemma.....How do you fit 5 into 2.5??

audigeezA4

Reaction score
Hi All

Apologies to talk in riddles, however, due to my, it now seems, prolific lack of planning, has given me a conundrum.... anyway to the point- i have a had my lovely baby b6 quattro sport 2.5tdi for just 2 weeks and i will be taking delivery of another hopefully lovely baby this month(sorry wife, i mean you will be giving birth to one:huh:)..... and then there was 5, so basically, i will soon have a newborn, a 6 year old and a 5 year old.. and the question is this..... how on earth will we all fit in an a4 saloon????
The saving grace being it will only be on occassion when a family trip or journey will be needed.

I was thinking, 6 year old in a booster at front, 5 year old in a booster in the rear right, baby seat in the rear left, which leaves the mrs in the middle with just a Lap belt!!! Cant really think of a better layout due to the lack of a shoulder belt in the middle.
Any ideas or thoughts/suggestions?
And please dont say i should've got a bigger car/mpv i.e A6 etc as i am getting an earbashing already!!!

I bought a car that i wanted, not necessarily what i needed.

cheers.

That looks a real good option- never seen that before- will have a proper read.

Cheers.

There's 5 of us. Me, the wife, daughter 6, son 4 and younger daughter 2.

Youngest is in a big child seat, use to be the rear facing baby seat on one side,

Son is on the other side in a booster (removed the back bit now)

Oldest is in the middle with the 3point seat belt without seat as it really is a nightmare to try to get her in a booster too.

This is perfectly legal for the oldest to be not in a booster if there isn't space for one, I'd link it but on my phone.

Also, just to add, if the wife isn't in the car the oldest sits in the front with a booster as we always have it in the boot. (airbag is also deactivated)

Haha fair enough, I didn't look at prices I just remembered it from a similar post a few weeks ago.

Just realised you said about only having the lap belt on the rear bench,

Get it swapped out for a 3 - 3 point belt bench

There's 5 of us. Me, the wife, daughter 6, son 4 and younger daughter 2.

Youngest is in a big child seat, use to be the rear facing baby seat on one side,

Son is on the other side in a booster (removed the back bit now)

Oldest is in the middle with the 3point seat belt without seat as it really is a nightmare to try to get her in a booster too.

This is perfectly legal for the oldest to be not in a booster if there isn't space for one, I'd link it but on my phone.

Also, just to add, if the wife isn't in the car the oldest sits in the front with a booster as we always have it in the boot. (airbag is also deactivated)

thats sounds all feasible and obviously is.... mind you looking at your car mate, its a beast, and as well as the extra space i reckon the Avant is probably a better choice over the saloon, at least if you have 2.4 kids...... or even 3.0!

cheers for that- it makes me a little more hopeful....lol

thats sounds good mate- would i find this in usual places, ie google it?
of course i could always sell one of the kids and then pay for the flat bottom steering wheel, s4 wing mirrors, s line alloys etc,etc,etc that i am dreaming about......(obviously just joking! before i offend someone! lol)

Have you thought about a Q7 loads a rooooooooooooooom lol good luck with the baby, you could have a bus and you still would'nt have enough space for everything.

Jay

Yeah, check on eBay etc mate for a rear bench. Pretty sure saloon and avant backs are different so limits your options a bit

What's your interior like the now? Colour? Leather or cloth? Sure you'll get one sub 50 quid

Hi mate
I have like a light grey leather- so by bench do you mean the seats part? Only cos for the middle shoulder belt isn't that attached to the back part?

Cheers.

Q7 would be nice- but I think x5 is a lot better reportedly.
Anyway, back to reality, your right, bigger isn't always better.
Thanks mate.

Yeah, sorry the back rest part. On the avant the seatbelt is in the rear back rest. Sure the saloon will be the same,

No worries. Will have a search. Thanks for your input mate.

youd get fed up replacing front tyres and front brakes every 6k on a q7.

Id go for this too - I have an 03 Avant, and there is 5 of us, including my 3 children (12, 10 and 4years old) and tbh, there is plenty of room.

We recently sold our VW Touran to save some money, and have had the A4 about 6weeks now, and there is plenty of space for daily use with a large family :)