AH FabricationsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

misted light units

is there a solution to this or is it new units ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Take them out and dry them fully, hair dryer or airing cupboard and then put a silica gel sachet in there to absorb any moisture formed?
    Last edited by quattrojames; 19th March 2011 at 13:52.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    If it's the rears you are talking about, i put a strip of insulation tape over the part where the little rubber flap piece meets the top of the light cluster, the problem seems to be water runs down the tailgate shut and straight into the rear lights, as said the tape has cured mine.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

4th Gear

Status
    We have two Avants and dont get this problem and assume that the lights are sealed properly .The design seems to intend the water to drain straight down rather than over the bumper and boot sill for some reason which isnt clear but it might be if we used the tape idea

1st Gear

Status
    FORGOT TO ADD, THEY WHERE PERFECT UNTILL I FITTED HID KITS !
    ITS ONLY ONE MIND!!! YOU MAY BE ABLE TO SEE FROM THIS PIC

ITS THE RIGHT HAND ONE !

3rd Gear

Status
    Im sure I read somewhwere there is s small air vent with a sliding cover on the headlight body, perhaps the adjustment of the vent will make a difference ?

I have halogens at the moment which get hot and helps clear the fogging, Xenons are different I believe.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof