Leaking washer bottle - fix??

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
I seem to have a leak in the washer bottle as everytime I fill it, there is a huge wet patch under the car... Advise please? Fix with something, or replace?

Cheers
Rich
:s4addict:

There is a replaceable seal around the pump motors, between the two halves of the washer bottle, and if you have full DIS a level sensor.....

Wet%20Parts.jpg

Respectively 9, 7 and 11

Thanks Dave

For the windscreeen washer system, slightly different picture showing the washer pump seal, items are 11/12/15/15A .....
A4-B6%20Windscreen%20Washer%20System.jpg

#11 = 8E0 955 465 B @ ~£0.28
#12 = 7M0 919 382 @ ~£1.59
#15 = 443 955 465 @ ~£0.44
#15A = 431 955 465 A @ ~£0.90

Last edited:
Take off n/s wheel and n/s wheel arch liner and all will be revealed or take out n/s headlight.
Item #11 can be accessed from bonnet area of course.

Thank you wheels are coming off this weekend for brake caliper painting so will have a look then :) cheers

Thanks for the help Woorlord, going to have a look at mine on Friday!:sm4:

Actually, I have had a closer look at where the water is dripping from.. Its dripping from the front edge of the wheel arch - seems a bit far forward to be coming from the washer bottle, as this seems to be set further back? or am i missing something?? I have circled where water is dripping from:s4addict:

leak.jpg

Last edited:
Washer bottle follows the contour of the front of the wheel arch - so could still be a leak - you can see this in the diagram I have posted above?
Take the wheel off and the wheel arch liner and you will see it all.

I had a leak in mine about half way up the bottle, was cracked. I used this guide AudiWorld Tech Articles to get it out then just fixed with silicone, works a treat. Its a bit tough to get the top and bottom part away from each other, just be firm and they will come apart. You will see what i mean when you get the arch off.

I was starting to get a bit fed up that after having filled the washer bottle half it poured onto my driveway!:( .. So once I had the Gardening done I decided to have a nosy to see, I used the guys advice above and removed the wheel/wheel arch to be able to have more access. Upon inspection you could clearly see that the seal between to the two containers had worn away. I therefore used some water proof silicone and put everything back together. I then left it over night to bond and filled the next morning!! Guess what? No leak! :D :yahoo:

Below are some pictures to show the fun I had yesterday! Thanks for the help guys! :icon_thumright:

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0204.jpg

Photo0202.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

Good work and thanks for the pics... Strangely mine has stopped leaking?? For now..... :)