Blue smoke for 2 seconds on startup after 1 week of not running... Worried or Not??

kevin00

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have just purchased a Used AUDI A4 cabriolet (2005 S-Line, 3.0L, Manual, 23,000 Miles) from fontain.co.uk.

I have heard good AND bad things about them but thats cool. What I really need is a question answered.

When I started it up today it blew blue smoke for about 1-2 seconds and then stopped.. (turned into a normal condensation spray). I am 99% sure it hasn't been started for about 1 week (when I was there last)..... My question IS "Is this something I should be worried about?? Is it normal? Slightly Normal, Slightly ABNORMAL?? It was rather cold today so not sure if that has anything to do with it or the fact it hasn't been driven.

I mentioned it to the dealer and he said there wasn't any blue smoke... I am no mechanic so not really sure what to do.

Any Ideas???

I wouldn't expect blue smoke from a car whether it had been stood or not. He's saying there wasn't blue smoke and you're saying there was! Who's right? If you're certain you are then I would get it investigated before any warranty etc runs out. Has it used any oil this week?