broken door wires

John_

---__---
Reaction score
Just drove to work, and discovered the windows, mirrors, central locking are not working
So i checked and it said:

01331- Door control module; Driver Side (J386)
49-00 - No Communications

Checked the doorrubbers and saw to my surprise that the wires were broken (picture)

What is the best way to fix this? can i solder it myself? or is it better to bring it somewhere?

Ive just been through this repair last saturday, although only had 4 broken. what i did was to strip the insulation back from the ends enough to twist together and the sealed the connection with solder and wrapped in insulation tape. im no auto electrician but it worked for me. You can pull some slack through from the door although there isnt much, just enough to do the job. The rubber boot was the annoying factor as it was constantly tring to spring back to its position and shrouded the ends i was soldering

Man, what a annoying job
i just did it within a small hour
im happy everything works again.
I was just thinking that im even lucky it happened at the rubber
let say if it was the module or the wires in the door itself, that would be another thing.
Hope this will last.
Thanks

i had similer problems only on mine some wires had broken and the pins in the multiplug had corroded and broke off!!

had to cut the multiplug out and join the wires for now until i can source a multi plug that fits

Yeap always solder & heatshrink & if broken into the plug, then remove existing pins/wires that are broken, get new housing/repair wires & repair properly whilst also soldering.

Only problem with repairing the loom is generally where they break after soldering the wires back together you create a hard wire due to the solder tracking up the wire and the join itself
ive repaired some in the past but i find more success in just replacing the door loom .

Yeah I agree tbh, but depends on how good your soldering skills are I'd say, but this is a concern for sure especially on a door door in that area as its constantly under movements.