EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    ---__---

Status

broken door wires

Just drove to work, and discovered the windows, mirrors, central locking are not working
    So i checked and it said:

01331- Door control module; Driver Side (J386)
    49-00 - No Communications

Checked the doorrubbers and saw to my surprise that the wires were broken (picture)

What is the best way to fix this? can i solder it myself? or is it better to bring it somewhere?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Ive just been through this repair last saturday, although only had 4 broken. what i did was to strip the insulation back from the ends enough to twist together and the sealed the connection with solder and wrapped in insulation tape. im no auto electrician but it worked for me. You can pull some slack through from the door although there isnt much, just enough to do the job. The rubber boot was the annoying factor as it was constantly tring to spring back to its position and shrouded the ends i was soldering
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

---__---

Status
    Man, what a annoying job
    i just did it within a small hour
    im happy everything works again.
    I was just thinking that im even lucky it happened at the rubber
    let say if it was the module or the wires in the door itself, that would be another thing.
    Hope this will last.
    Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    i had similer problems only on mine some wires had broken and the pins in the multiplug had corroded and broke off!!

had to cut the multiplug out and join the wires for now until i can source a multi plug that fits

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeap always solder & heatshrink & if broken into the plug, then remove existing pins/wires that are broken, get new housing/repair wires & repair properly whilst also soldering.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Audi fanatic

Status
    Only problem with repairing the loom is generally where they break after soldering the wires back together you create a hard wire due to the solder tracking up the wire and the join itself
    ive repaired some in the past but i find more success in just replacing the door loom .

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah I agree tbh, but depends on how good your soldering skills are I'd say, but this is a concern for sure especially on a door door in that area as its constantly under movements.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK