HELP Needed - Glove Box Broken

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
Ok, so I just picked up my S4 - what a car....

However, everything is ok with the exception of a broken glove box

The hinge appears to have snapped, and glued back on but broke again...

Does anybody know if these are fairly straight forward to change and anybody got any removal / fitting instructions???

Cheers
Rich
:s4addict:

Looks ok to me mate - I was thinking about replacing it all together, if I can - know any good spare suppliers other than the Bay??

hi guys

sorry but i have read this in another thread but i also have a glovebox problem, however, i can open mine by removing panel on side, so i am guessing its the latch??? i read the detailed guide on how to re-inforce this with an aluminium strip but thats way beyond my capabilities methinks. so any advice on what fix i can do thats pretty easy for a not so handy diy person, either using glue or maybe can i just replace the latch??

any ideas appreciated.

cheers.

Thanks quattrojames. Looks like a £20 fix then If I buy the part from Audi.
Cheers.

Mine has gone too ('06 cAB) but appears to have wires running through it- any ideas??

I have 2 wires running right through the hinge,any ideas what they are,I fear if i screw a bracket on i'll damage the wire.
It plugs in to the 'damper' behind where the lamp plugs in.

i got 1 , a full box of the good old bay for ........£20 buy it now , thats with postage , yep not a typo (which is normaly the case for me),
not that hard to fit, just a bit of un screwing and screwing back up againe,,, easy!!

Not a greta pic but see here
60248bd7.jpg

Its the switch for the glovebox light, I said that in your other thread!

These are in addition to the other glove box light wires?
Wht do they go int the actual lid?