Phone Mount

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Trying to find a Phone Mount I'm happy with - although I've got an OEM Bluetooth kit, I quite like having the phone in a cradle to charge etc.

I've tried a couple of options from Brodit (my usual favourite) and a couple of generic no name brands, but nowt I'm truly happy with as they all block the airbags or controls or something.

I'm not into having anything stuck to the Windscreen, but just trying to canvas opinion from you guys as to what works for you.

Is a bracket available to install inside the armrest?

The phone is an Iphone4 - I know Audi don't have a mount, but is there anything else out there that I can mod to fit? It's more the mount between the phone bracket and the car that I'm after, rather than the phone holder itself

Thanks Chaps and Chapettes

Was thinking of making a compartment in the armrest for my iPhone 4G - have a charging/AV cable ready to fit at the weekend for Video and Sound to be fed into the RNS-E.
My original ipod 3G AV cable will not charge the 4G phone or feed the AV connections as Apple put a chip in the new 4G cables.

Would want to keep my "Gear4" jacket on to protect the phone at all times so any available bracket would need to fit with this in place.
Be interested in any other ideas out there also.

I'm surprised you don't have any luck with Brodit. Mine doesn't block anything at all.

It's probably due to the Brodit iPhone mount I'm using - the adjustable one with the pass through connector - but wherever and whatever Proclip you use, it always seems to be in the way or blocking something.

New solution needed methinks!

I have modified the credit card drawer so my cable comes in through the back of it. The drawer now only opens 3cm and I plan on putting in a 90degree connector in there to mount the phone. Currently it clips into a mount hooked onto the vent. Easy to do and easy to hide by closing the drawer.

I have modified the credit card drawer so my cable comes in through the back of it. The drawer now only opens 3cm and I plan on putting in a 90degree connector in there to mount the phone. Currently it clips into a mount hooked onto the vent. Easy to do and easy to hide by closing the drawer.

Oooh, could be a plan - got any pics?

This is exactly what i have been planning to do, buying a dock from ebay and cutting it up to fit inside, and then plugging the cable into the back. Only thing i have been thinking is how did you manage to stop yours opening more that 3cm?

This is exactly what i have been planning to do, buying a dock from ebay and cutting it up to fit inside, and then plugging the cable into the back. Only thing i have been thinking is how did you manage to stop yours opening more that 3cm?

Yeah, what he said! LOL

I took the whole drawer out (take the trim off above it and then pull whilst pushing down on two points on the top with small screwdrivers, easy to see by looking down from above it. The drawer will come out halfway then disconnect the esp cable and shazzam!)

With the drawer out i got my dremel on! Dismantled the drawer, pretty simple, two pieces a spring and a cog. Cut a hole in the back of the housing as well as the drawer, fed the cable through rebuilt the drawer. Upon refit I marked where i wanted the drawer to sit and drilled a small hole in the housing attaching a small cable tie, small enough to allow the housing back into the dash but big enough to stop the drawer opening fully. I realise alot of this wont make sense without photo's so when I have time i will dismantle it and take some. Next is the bastardisation of my dock!

Think I will buy one of those cheap docks of eBay you can get them for a fiver in black too. Only problem is I like the cover flow function so wouldn't be able to use that.

I took the whole drawer out (take the trim off above it and then pull whilst pushing down on two points on the top with small screwdrivers, easy to see by looking down from above it. The drawer will come out halfway then disconnect the esp cable and shazzam!)

With the drawer out i got my dremel on! Dismantled the drawer, pretty simple, two pieces a spring and a cog. Cut a hole in the back of the housing as well as the drawer, fed the cable through rebuilt the drawer. Upon refit I marked where i wanted the drawer to sit and drilled a small hole in the housing attaching a small cable tie, small enough to allow the housing back into the dash but big enough to stop the drawer opening fully. I realise alot of this wont make sense without photo's so when I have time i will dismantle it and take some. Next is the bastardisation of my dock!

COOOORRECT.. I would love to see photos of the drawer and it mounted. Cheers

Well, I've ordered a cheapo dock off of eBay to chop about - I'll have a play when it arrives.

Could do with some pics re the mods to the tray though - just to point me in the right direction.

S'pose I'd better think about an iPod-RNS-E interface next!

I too ordered one last night so should hopefully be here tomorrow or the next day. Will get some pics up when i try it out.

Managed to fit mine today, however had a problem... when you go around a corner or over a bump the phone seems to move and disconnects from the dock!! Going to replace the coin tray and try something different me thinks......:think: