AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Master Baker

Status

HELP REMOVING THE BACK OFF DRIVERS SEAT.

As per title really folks.
    The back panel of my drivers seat has come off towards the bottom of the section. It looks like it slides into guides to keep it in place but I don't want to damage the seat backing trying to bend it back onto these guides

I presume the actual panel comes off at the top, gets slid onto these guides & maybe popped back in at the top

Any advice would be appreciated
    ATR vs V6 TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    its a common problem usually ascociated with the lumbar support breaking. the seat back just pushes into clips at the top and the bottom is usually broken but audi sell a repair kit for around a tenner. its a prise off job to release the top
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Master Baker

Status
    Cheers for that.....off to have a play !
    ATR vs V6 TDI

Master Baker

Status
    Managed to ge the panel off ( it's easy when you know how - LOL ) & the lumbar is working fine but as predicted, the bottom clips are broke - off to audi to source this repair kit.

Thanks for the help swarcup
    ATR vs V6 TDI

3rd Gear

Status
    I have the same problem with mine, any chance of posting up the part number and cost from audi for the repair kit....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Master Baker

Status
    Will do once I have the relevant info
    ATR vs V6 TDI

Master Baker

Status
    Got in touch with Staffs Audi & they say that this is the part I need - 8E 0898 035
    Can anyone confirm this before I order something I don't need

Just for reference the total cost is @ 15.
    ATR vs V6 TDI

3rd Gear

Status
    Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
    Thanks for that, I have the same problem and thought it was going to be unfixable(is this a real word?)
    B8 S4 Avant in Misano Red with some lovely toys!
    Prev: B6 A4 Saloon 1.9 TDI quattro Sport - great car.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers ADC74...

How easy a job was this in the end?
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

1st Gear

Status
    Just done mine. Easy job but the three retaining clips across the top of the seat back were a bit fidly. Have to ask the question why don't Audi supply the repair kits free of charge? The fact that they're producing them is recognition of a design fault?
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

T0m
    2nd Gear

Status
    How good is the kit as mine is broke and its 50+ for the original part to replace it rather than the kit...

1st Gear

Status
    You wont need to replace the seat back unless you make a mess trying to remove it. The repair kit is a metal attachment that sits inside what remains of the original plastic (crap quality) fixings and replaces the important bit that has snapped off.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

T0m
    2nd Gear

Status
    my piece broke off where the metal enters the plastic fixing how does the repair kit work, anyone got any pictures?

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ADC74 View Post
    Got in touch with Staffs Audi & they say that this is the part I need - 8E 0898 035
    Can anyone confirm this before I order something I don't need

Just for reference the total cost is @ �15.
    would you need 2 kits if both your seats are in need of love?

3rd Gear

Status
    Just to refresh this thread....

1 repair kit does 1 seat and it takes 2-3 minutes tops.......

Best way I found was to put your arm up the inside of the set back and push out the 3 top clips, less chance of breaking seat back as they are hard to get off, lots of pressure required...

Pop in the new metal fixings, you'll need a hammer to get them all the way in and then refit seat back putting bottom clips in first, then top 3....

The only problem I have now is that the bottom metal rod that holds the lumbar support in place is broken (hence why my seat back was knackered also), anybody know if you can but this as a part or is it going to be the entire lumbar support bracket? hope not coz no doubt it will be mega bucks from a dealer....