JMB RetrofitsBadger5

Thread: cruise control

Reverse Gear

Status

cruise control

Hi, going to do c.c mod, on A4 B6 2004. Do I need a new indicator stalk or will the c.c stalk fix onto the one I have, cheers colin

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    nope. the one you have is fine
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks swarcup, I know I have to upgrade the stering module, but do you know if I can use the stering control module out of a B7 with B6 stalks? cheers mate ( just in case I come across B7 first)

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIISBEST54321 View Post
    Thanks swarcup, I know I have to upgrade the stering module, but do you know if I can use the stering control module out of a B7 with B6 stalks? cheers mate ( just in case I come across B7 first)
    Yeah, theyre all the same parts.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

1st Gear

Status
    should do, mine has a wiper stalk and slip ring from a q7, control module and indicater from a b7 and the cruise stalk from a b6 and everything works fine.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    they are fine as all mine are from a b7
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, hope to get sorted soon! Looking at one off a A6 2008 ? Looks the same? Think I might give it a go. Part No. is 4F0 953 549 D has cruise and DIS stalks on already. Any idea why the last letter that supports cruise etc is differant on A6 to A4. Mine is A4. Cheers colin

Status
    That part number you supplied was for a Steering ECU.

And there are a massive variety of Steering ECU modules, there isn't just one kind of ECU's for an A4 that will take Cruise, there are about 5.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry mate, should have explained better. Wanting to fit cruise and DIS on A4 B6 2004. I understand I will need a new steering control module, part number 8E0 953 549 N (or L M P Q R ) Mine ends in S which won't support cruise. I was wanting to know, if a 2008 A6 SCM part number AF0 953 549 D would fit on my A4. It has cruise and DSI stalks and slip ring attatched.
    Cheers Colin

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    As its actually a control module, not a stalk etc part thats shared across platforms, highly unlikely given its programmed for A6 chassis, I wouldnt advise it as also the pin locations might not match up & it may not code correctly as its expecting an A6 platform on the network.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    I agree with Nigel

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, will just wait and see if the one I need comes up on ebay or some thing, as I would like module, DIS stalk and cruise stalk, all a bit too much to buy new, thanks again chaps