TYRES: Pirelli, Continetal Toyo or Falken

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
So I need a couple of front tyres. 215/40/18. I currently have some Falkens on the front, Yokos on the back. The Falkens have actually faired pretty well, a little noisy perhaps but reasonable grip. Before that i had Pirelli PZero Nero which I loved. I have never tried Toyo's or Continentals at all.

So my shortlist is:

Continental Contact 2 - £150 each

Pirelli PZero Nero - £145 each

Toyo Proxes T1 Sport - £125 each

Falken 452 - £78 each

Any advice or first hand reviews?

i had falken fk452's on my mk4 golf, was really impressed with them, lasted ages too.

running bridgestone potenza on my audi a4 18's now and am also impressed with these as well, best price i seen them at was £175 each fitted

I was a more than a little sceptical when I bought the Falkens that are about to be changed. But actually really pretty good. Unfortunately I had them put on when the wheels were on another car which i then sold along with all its history obviously so I dont know what mileage they have done.

I've just baught a set of the Goodyears (make sure you get the Assym2's if you get them though, not the original Assymetric) from camskill, they were just under £100 each, although thats for 225/45r17

Will be fitting them some time this week.

My brother just baught a pair of the Hankooks for his S4 in 225/40r18, they were also ~£100, again from camskill.

I have looked at Camskill, Mytyres and BlackCircles and that where I came up with my shortlist. Will just get a pair sent to work and then drive about and get them fitted for cash.

I always go for Falkens, just had a set of 452's fitted to my new wheels and so far so good. Always avoid Conti's like the plague, had 2 blowouts in 6 months on a set of them!!