Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Oil recommendations for 1.9tdi plus a few pics of my pride and joy while im at it :)

Hiya guys, my car is coming up for a service and i was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which is the best oil to use? Mines the 1.9tdi (AVF) last time i serviced it i used the oil that is recommended for the long life service schedule which the car has been on since new but its done 115k now so i was thinking of starting to service it more often, say every 10k or so just to be on the safe side, always better safe than sorry i always think.

Thanks for any help in advance

Heres a few pics of my baby, i hope you guys like it as much as i do, i just had the body kit fitted a few months ago. Theres still a lot i want to do with it but im gonna have to wait and see what happens at insurance renual time because ive been hearing some real horror stories at the minute

Audi A4 1.9tdi Quattro Sport

Current mods: 18" RS6 wheels, Audi S4 front brake conversion, S-Line front bumper, S-Line side skirts, ABT rear skirt, matte black grilles

Planned: 18" Finichi Rimini wheels, Audi S4 rear brakes, de-chrome side windows, matte black mirrors, matte black roof, Revo technik remap and much more. Hopefully

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I preffered to use 5w 40castrol edge 505.01 instead long life oil 5w 30;i change de oil every 7k miles.

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Motul Specific VW 505.01 5W40
    that is what your car want.

6th Gear

Status
    i believe quantum oil is made by castrol for audi just cheaper

1st Gear

Status
    Quantum Longlife 3 - Around 30 for 5 ltrs!!
    2004 A4 2.5tdi Avant quattro Sport Tip, BOSE, Elec Heated Leather Seats with Memory, Sunroof, Black Optic Pack (Black Grill, Window Frame and Roof Rails), Front & Rear Electric Windows, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Lighting Pack, Xenon Lights with Washers, Come Home Lights, Electric Retracting Mirrors, Auto Dimming Rear View & Side Mirrors, Under Seat Storage & 6 CD Changer

Gone But Not Missed -

2003 A4 Saloon 1.9tdi Sport Multi, Leather/Alcantara Heated Seats, Lighting Pack & RS4 Alloys

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice looking car, whats your plans for the exhaust tips?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    nowt to do with the thread, just thoght id say them wheels look sweet mate !!!

Neutral

Status
    Agreed, those wheels look nice - what are they ?

And seconded on the exhausts - whats the plans ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry ive taken so long to reply, been mad busy.
    Thanks for the help and comments guys.
    The wheels are 18" RS6's of the newer shape model, there only replicas of course because the genuine audi ones cost a fortune.
    And hopefully im gonna be getting an exhaust system with RS style oval tail pipes
    Audi A4 1.9tdi Quattro Sport

Current mods: 18" RS6 wheels, Audi S4 front brake conversion, S-Line front bumper, S-Line side skirts, ABT rear skirt, matte black grilles

Planned: 18" Finichi Rimini wheels, Audi S4 rear brakes, de-chrome side windows, matte black mirrors, matte black roof, Revo technik remap and much more. Hopefully

1st Gear

Status
    I'd do oil changes on a diesel every 5k, then the filter every other change. diesels are good at breaking down oil, sulphur from the fuel gets into the oil starts eating the parts and seals inside. i dont think i'd ever do more than 10k on the same oil long life or not. mind you newer oils now maybe better at handling this. but for say 30-40 quid every 5k, plus keeps the internals cleaner. obviously its only an opinion.