Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: headlights

Reverse Gear

Status

headlights

hi everyone,just joined.can anyone tell me if the dipped beam on the a4 can be adjusted?on my car its qute low and just seems to give out two blobs of light on either side,but still seems high on when reflecting off things further away.any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    hi mate yes they can be adjusted pop it in to your local mot place to make sure they are done right thou cost a fiver ;-) but think you will find the standered lights are rubbish any way most on here have fitted HIDs

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    My MOT garage did them for free - offered to pay!
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks guys,i've got up rated bulbs.it seems to be quite a challege changing them!thing is even with previous up rated bulbs in there doesn't seem to be a proper spread of beam with this design os headlight.i've looked on e bay at different headlight designs that will fit but they either look the same or un sure that the design would give better spread of light over the standard one's?or am i being picky and lights are supposed to be like that?

6th Gear

Status
    do you think you can get a pic up as although the standered lamps are not brite they do have a good spread

Reverse Gear

Status
    i'll have a go tonight when the missus gets back from work

Reverse Gear

Status
    hope these help to see what i mean about the dipped beam

6th Gear

Status
    thats about the right britenes mate but looks like your off side/drivers one is way out

Reverse Gear

Status
    do you not think the nearside headlight is too low?

6th Gear

Status
    dose look a bit mate id have your local mot place do it taks 2mins

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Often the electric mechanism adjust comes away in the headlights causing them to drop. It looks like that has happened and the headlight dropped to the bottom of it's travel. I'd get that looked at before you start fiddling with the alignment.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Often the electric mechanism adjust comes away in the headlights causing them to drop. It looks like that has happened and the headlight dropped to the bottom of it's travel. I'd get that looked at before you start fiddling with the alignment.
    Would you be able to tell by twiddling your knob and seeing if your headlight beams move up and down ? Just windering....
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    My lights were like scottya4's when I first bought my A4 and it was the problem James has described. Its an easy fix, took me about 1 in total to get the lights out, clip back in the adjustment motors and then put the lights back in.

Fixing this will make a difference but the lights on the B6's are pretty poor anyway.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks guys,did notice when trying to take one of the bulbs out the whole inner part of the headlight swung backwards,as though it was hindged from the top.i thought it was strange that it would do that?like way318 says they are a bad design for a dipped beam. do all a4 have an electrical mechanism for the headlights?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    They're all electric adjust, models with Xenon have self levelling adjustment.
    Last edited by quattrojames; 16th March 2011 at 20:00.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Is it possible that the adjustment motor ball joint has come detached inside my NS headlight, and that why the motor is always on when I set it to No 3 setting on the range control (halogens not Xenons) ...... its quiet as a mouse on No 0 !

Headlight adjustment motor runs all the time !
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof