EM TuningChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

1.9 tdi 130 bhp vs 2.5 tdi 160 bhp

so the 1.9 tdi i would assume cheaper to insure and tax?
    1.9tdi better fuel, not too different to 0-60 and performance etc.

so what's the point of the 2.5tdi apart from the more torque for those who need to pull stuff like trailers, caravans?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    The 4 and 6 cylinders are worlds apart in my opinions, for smoothness and noise. The fwd 2.5 is 163 bhp (on the later models at least) - quite a step up from the 130 really. I think that's the point.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    id have to say the get up and go is going to be a lot faster in the 2.5 more so when you needing to over take

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    i had a passenger in mine the other day who questioned whether it was actually a diesel as it was so smooth and undiesely
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    Tax for 1,9tdi is 180 per year,or 99 for 6months;insurance is not expensive at all.
    I don`t know for 2,5tdi.

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

3rd Gear

Status
    my car is the 130 tdi on an 04 plate and it actually 155 a year for tax . i have owned both the 130 and the 180 bhp a4's the 2.5 is a couple of unsurance groups higher definately heavier on fuel . in my humble oppinion i think the 130 is the best engine very economical if driven sensibily and bullet proof also a considerable amount cheaper to fix if things do go wrong also two hundred quid could get you a good remap that can get you 170 bhp . but this is only my oppinion

1st Gear

Status
    i had a mk4 golf 130 tdi, i loved it, yes the tax is cheap, yes the mpg is great and yes it is virtually bullet proof, but having just bought a a4 cabriolet 2.5 tdi, i gotta say the difference is vast, the 2.5 is so much smoother, i am getting 8-10 mpg less with the 2.5, but i love driving it, its really quiet when on the move. the torque is great as well, i was considering getting it remapped but dont think i am going to bother.

changing things like the cambelt will be dear on a 2.5, near double what the 1.9 would cost.

but i dont regret changing at all, good luck in what ever you choose
    2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 TDI S Line 163BHP
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

3rd Gear

Status
    having had big petrol engine, turbo VAG petrol, i've done the performance thing up to a point and think the balance of mpg and performance is important and think the 1.9tdi would suit my needs better

1st Gear

Status
    you were on to a no loser there mate, which ever you chose. the are both great engines in my opinion.
    2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 TDI S Line 163BHP
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

6th Gear

Status
    The big v6 will still return decent Mpg even when driven really hard. I cannot get mine under 25-27 Mpg and that's on a b5 v6 tdi quattro, with 18" alloys and with a far from standard engine...Whatever you wanna buy, take a long test drive in both... I also had big power petrol engines (still own a golf Mk3 Vr6 with a corado engine just for weekend fun) and they would return shocking Mpg (the golf would return under 9 Mpg when driven hard but it sounds sublime) when booted hard. I found the v6 tdi a decent compromise between power and economy and they respond really well to mods (allmost inexistent aftermarket)...A pd wont tune over 160-165 Bhp whatever the tunner tells you on stock hardware and they will eat clutches fairly quick. I have yet to see a failed clutch on a v6 tdi...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once