AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Fitting new bulbs, do i need to remove the headlight?

The dip beam on my B6 is pretty horrendous, so before doing a full HID upgrade I thought I would try some Osram Nightbreakers. Haven't had time to fit them yet as we have a new baby but does the headlight need removing to fit them???
    2004 A4 advant 1.9tdi B6

2. # ADS
    ADS

Chugging along

Status
    Yes - or at least I had to last week!

The Nightbreakers make a hell of a difference!
    2004 A4 1.8T (190) S-Line Quattro

FULL VCDS - HEX-USB+CAN

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've heard of people able to do it with the light in situ, they clearly have smaller hands than I do!

There's a few threads on here telling you how to remove the headlights if you need them.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I've heard of people able to do it with the light in situ, they clearly have smaller hands than I do!

There's a few threads on here telling you how to remove the headlights if you need them.
    For some reason I can't find the thread regarding removing the headlight, could someone help with some direction?
    2004 A4 advant 1.9tdi B6

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Use Google as the search feature on here isn't much use. Start off with "Audi-Sport" and then what you're searching for and you should find it.

Failing that I'll link the diagrams from my Photobucket account when I get home later.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    This thread should help - Headlight Removal Procedure required please!!

I did mine recently, dipped bulbs, Bosch Pure Light. Look up my previous posts and you will see comparison piccys.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Here you go..try here VW AUDI Forum - VWAF
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

3rd Gear

Status
    oh you will need an extenion bar on your socket set to slacken off the lower one(s), my only difficuly was removing the electrical connector, one didnt come out at all.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Neutral

Status
    On the Cabrio it was very easy to do, still can't believe you have to take the headlight out to change a bulb as I wouldn't want to do it in the dark, but easy nevertheless.

Just loosen two screws either side, electical connector was a bugger until you figure out how they work.

I've used some philips extreme and it is ok, but not great.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cab has just one lower torx to loosten off, saloons/avants have 2 I believe and yes the power connectors are a bugger !

May also be worth masking off the top of your bumper so you dont scratch it when sliding the headlight unit out...

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Stick on old towel (or new it is your baby!) on the bumper under the loosened headlight - no need to undo the electrical connector, although you may have to cut a cable tie to give you a little cable slack.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable