Rust on front wings

dode

Reaction score
I have a 2003 A4 and recently noticed rust on both front wings. Audi are claiming it is stone chip damage so it will not be covered by the warrany. I have to go back and get more photos taken before they deicde. I cant say how disappointed I am. This is my first Audi and my last. They havent even given me a price "but it will 4 digits" Well done Audi

I have a 2003 A4 and recently noticed rust on both front wings. Audi are claiming it is stone chip damage so it will not be covered by the warrany. I have to go back and get more photos taken before they deicde. I cant say how disappointed I am. This is my first Audi and my last. They havent even given me a price "but it will 4 digits" Well done Audi

We detailed an Audi A3 2005 last year which also had rust under the Arch Are, the car was owned from new also and Audi would not warrant the repair due to the car beign 5 years old and also said it was cause by stone chips.

Here is a pic of the wing/lip.
IMG_0060.jpg

do you have pics of the rust? to be honest, it most likely will be down to stonechips.

4 figures for painting two wings though? you need to look about for a few other quotes mate ;)

Mine also has rust showing on both wings. on one side (o/s) its actually lost a piece of paint about an inch long. On the other side it has started bubbling through, at exactly the same place as the o/s wing.

Took to Audi, the man there seemed positive as he knew of the problem and seen them being done before on warranty.

2 weeks later I get a call saying it's been rejected as it's not a "manufacturers defect" the guy at Audi was baffled! saying it's obviously the inner plastic arch rubbing on the wing!

I'm at a loss now, as Audi won't budge, and i don't see why I should pay.

Knowing Audi they will pull that trick on you..

I have the same but to be fair mine's a 51 plate, first of the B6s. I won't be paying the dealer 4 figures to sort it though. I'd be aiming for muuuuuuuch less at a good independent body shop

Keep contesting it, get the guy to take some photos of somewhere else on the wheelarch where it's rusty but without any exterior damage, there'll definately be some as this problem affects ALL b6's due to a bad design of the underside of the wing. Audi are still definately paying for these on the anti-perforation warranty which is 12 years, don't take no for an answer, when rejected you need to get in touch with Audi Customer Care 0800699888 and explain whats happening, if the rust is excessive they will say that you have not reported it quick enough as you the owner have a "duty of care" to report manufacturing defects as soon as they arise (it's in the handbook) to save them money, if they still reject it say you want an inspection by the warranty inspector (this is someone that has nothing to do with the dealer and works for Audi Uk hence he's difficult to get , they do have a customer empowerment team who are able to authorise repairs but be prepared they may ask for a contribution of 30%, but bear in mind rust cannot be cured and nearly every b6 wing we do ends up being replaced as when the rust is ground out the wing then falls into the anti-perforation category and thus entiltles you to replacement but with this comes the extra labour which means extra money for you. If all else fails email jeremy.hicks@audi.co.uk explain your dissapointment be polite and see what happens. We've got an A6 52plate and a 04 A4 in at the moment getting the same problem fixed so don't let the ******** grind you down !!! ha ha

Wicked, I might try Stafford audi with mine.

Do you have to have full audi warranty and history.

Mine has full audi and then VW service history with an independent recently? 100k miles though and 54 reg!

I just emailed UK customer services to see if they can point me to somewhere in Finland that will sort mine out. It would be some kind of miracle if they were willing to sort it. thanks for the advice

I have rust / under paint blistering appearing all over mine. Front wings, both front doors, rear arches, and one of the rear doors. I have tried to push this twice with Audi now and both times they rejected with two different reasons, 1) The car does not have FULL Audi service history (only part Audi but full SH)... 2) The car has over 100k on the clock and in the eyes of Audi they described this as 'end of life'...

I wasn't going to bother trying again but after reading this i might have a go.

end of life? haha. I bet they wouldn't want to actively market that idea, that an audi only lasts 100k miles... if that was the case I may as well buy a ford ka.

i have it to on my 52plate just treat it with some rust stuff to stop it getting any bigger you can pick it up at halfords few pounds i no its not a fix but it will help you stop it spreading

on mine im lucky enough that its just on the inside lip so you can only just see it so to rub it down and do it would not be hard at all luckly

Lmfao when you all turn up at the dealers on the same day with a 10 year old car moaning about the rust!

"Security!"

Reactions: 19scotty81
ha think they may have to do it then lol to be fair im not botherd about it enough to go to audi unles i knew it would be done for free but as it stands like you say it is 9 years old and if it had been a ford or vaxhall it would only have come with 3years and then had a hole load of rust poping up all over so cant moan to much lol

lol @ james. yeah, I fully expect a polite **** off and intend to get mine sorted independently soon. There's a chance it started small last year and the savage winter just took its toll.

Thats Audi for you, they will make up allsorts of bullsh1t to get out of doing things, good luck mate.

Jay

up date, went to Audi yesterday, the warranty chap popped out had a look at the wing lip, reported that the wing has been resprayed so they wouldn't touch under the corrosion warranty (which I was un aware off either previous owner or dealer got sprayed), but the tailgate they would investigate so pictures and service details taken, fingers crossed expect an answer in a couple of days so fingers crossed, will keep you posted

Hey guys,
I've had this exact same issue on my wife's Passat andgot exactly the same run around.

Do NOT take NO for an answer or settlefor 50% or even 70% Goodwill.......you're not asking for Goodwill but claiming under their 12 year anti corrosion warranty.
Do yourselves a favour and read the re read this thread......its related...

Please Help front wing corrosion

Hope it helps

I'm going through the exact same thing I have it on winds tailgate and roof and the guy took the levels and sent it off I'm awaiting there decision