19's on spacers???

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
I know some of it depends on the tyres but if i run 19's on 15-25mm spacers up front and 25 at the rear Am i going to regret it? Would I be better just trying to find a wheel with a better offset? Lost out this morning on a set of wheels I fell for, but they may have some more in the next week or so so just trying to get informed !!
Dont want to end up with it feeling all wrong just because I like the look of some wheels.!

It all depends on what offset the wheels are, if you have a nice 35offset then you will not need spacers but if you have say a 43offset then spacer's will be needed.

This is purely based on personal opinion, and has no scientific evidence behind it, but I'd not much fancy running with 25mm spacers and wheel bolts which were correspondingly that much longer.

It would worry me.

I have been advised to go for the spacers that have two sets of holes. one for standard bolts from wheel to spacer, and then other set of bolts from spacer to hub.

What wheels have you got your eye on as et61 is crazy, are they Porker rims

No not Porsche but actually that does open up another avenue I had sort of forgotten about. Years ago I was thinking of twists on my passat but got put off with the offsets, but many of them were in that sort ET.

this is what is on the wheels:
8 J x 19H2 - 61

But having not seen them in the flesh I dont really know the ofset and the seller doesnt know. I dont want to tempt fate and say what they are in case I cant get another set! I am just doing some groundwork in anticipation that they really are et61 and what i would do. Should be another set available in next week or two and have been assured first refusal.
I am on standard Sport suspension.