new aircon control unit - query

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Fitted a new aircon control unit a couple of months ago from e-bay as I had the earlier style unit that only went from 18-26 degrees, this one goes from 16-28 degrees and have a couple of questions.

1. The button for the heated rear screen does not stay lit and heated screen not working, also noticed that I need to press it to activate the heated mirrors? Basically when I press it, it lights up for 2 secs and then goes out...

2. Yesterday the econ button was pressed accidentally by the wife and it will now not switch off.

Any suggestions?

The unit you have fitted is from a b7 and needs a tweek to the rear demist circuit. Woolord has done a full wright-up on what is required. a search on here under rear demist may turn it up.

The econ light usually indicates one of two things. the first being the system needs regassing or a sensor has broken, both relatively easy to sort. a scan should indicate the sensor if thats the problem

here it is..found it http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...44-b7-c-unit-b6-rear-demist-modification.html :detective2:

Last edited: