AVS questions

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an Oct 2001 2.0L A4 saloon, which I've had for 9 months now. I've covered 10k miles and its just coming up to the 40k mark and is telling me that it has 600 miles (109 days) to the next service. Its last AVS was done just before I bought it and the little sticker on the inside of the windscreen (presumably put there when it was last serviced - by an Audi dealer), says the next AVS is due at 47k or Nov '05.

Now I realise this is just a guide and the computer works out when it should be serviced (based on driving style etc), so the DIS is presumably more accurate and should therefore be followed. But ... why is there such a difference? Do the stealers just put the maximums on the stickers when servicing, i.e. 19k / 2 years?

Given that my typical week consists of around 300 miles, most of which are cruising on the motorway, I would have expected to get more than 10-12k between services.

Also, what should I be expecting to have done on a 40k AVS. It'll be its 3rd since new (I think - haven't checked the log book yet).

I've been looking at other posts on AVS and am quite frightened by the prospect of £500+ just for a service, but given that its still under Audi Approved Used warranty, its got to be a stealer job this time at least.

Cheers

Mike

Not sure what the service will involve.

However given the type of driving that you're doing it sounds like it's on fixed servicing i.e. every 10k

Dave