Rear Parking Sensors

Thinking about this after reversing mine into a trailer and drag in a dark service station

Easy enough DIY - bumper skin off - loads of masking tape on outside of bumper - small pilot hole (1.5mm) drilled from inside out at marked centres shown inside of bumper in 4 places - 20mm hole cutter drilled from outside - file a small notch at 12 o'clock in each hole - push sensors in - wire up - bumper back on - calibrate - done.

Recently discussed here.

Col, I think Paul (PJMSpeedy) has an after market set fitted to his mate

I fitted a set of ebay ones, I got the company to colour code them for me, I think they were about £45, fitted one evening and were great, no problems at all.

I fitted a set of 4 sensors from an ebay company called London Colour (they also do HID kits). The parking kit was about £20 inc delivery and worked perfectly, my Dad has fitted a few of their kits too and never has had problems.

They also supply a range of colours

Well almost there, fitted the sensors today and trailed all wires into the boot area. Will wire it all in tomoz. Done it with the bumper on, not too difficult but beware of the bumper bar behind. Any one know how to get access to the rear lights and which wire is the reversing wire, I'm shattered and feel to lazy to search!!!
13dd6570.jpg

Just inside the boot is a small plastic gromet, pop that off and there's a screw (Torx I think?) inside. Unscrew that DONT DROP IT and the light will hinge out from the rear and pop off. Be careful how you remove it till you see how it's fixed. I don't know about the reversing light wire, but you'll work it out from the PCB I expect.

How did you mark the holes to know where to drill without removing the bumper?

Rear light cluster reverse signal is blue/red colour wire.
(From Reverse Camera thread previously documented.)