JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status

Rear Parking Sensors

Has anyone had a parking sensor kit fitted to the car other than main dealer.

These any good. Parking-Sensor.co.uk Parking Sensors from Ł39.99, FREE delivery in UK. Parking-Sensor.co.uk
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I have one the kits that are on ebay, like this one Parking Reversing 6 Sensors buzzer LED displayer system on eBay (end time 06-Mar-11 15:36:01 GMT)

It's really good. I am awful at parking, so this was a godsend. It's worrying when you finally drill through the bumper for the first time, but now they are in its great. The wiring is pretty simple, splicing the wiring to the reversing light wire and the brake light wire.

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Thinking about this after reversing mine into a trailer and drag in a dark service station

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Easy enough DIY - bumper skin off - loads of masking tape on outside of bumper - small pilot hole (1.5mm) drilled from inside out at marked centres shown inside of bumper in 4 places - 20mm hole cutter drilled from outside - file a small notch at 12 o'clock in each hole - push sensors in - wire up - bumper back on - calibrate - done.

Recently discussed here.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

5th Gear

Status
    as above its easier to remove the bumper, only go for 4 sensors as the holes are marked and the inner skin of the bumper is designed to take 4 sensors

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Col, I think Paul (PJMSpeedy) has an after market set fitted to his mate

4th Gear

Status
    I fitted a set of ebay ones, I got the company to colour code them for me, I think they were about Ł45, fitted one evening and were great, no problems at all.

2003 Silver A2 1.4 TDi - 65mpg & Ł30 a year to tax - ;-)
    2003 Atlas Grey A4 2.0 S-line - gone
    2000 Goodwood Green S6 4.2 V8 - gone

Neutral

Status
    I fitted a set of 4 sensors from an ebay company called London Colour (they also do HID kits). The parking kit was about Ł20 inc delivery and worked perfectly, my Dad has fitted a few of their kits too and never has had problems.

They also supply a range of colours

Neutral

Status
    Well almost there, fitted the sensors today and trailed all wires into the boot area. Will wire it all in tomoz. Done it with the bumper on, not too difficult but beware of the bumper bar behind. Any one know how to get access to the rear lights and which wire is the reversing wire, I'm shattered and feel to lazy to search!!!
    2004 A4 advant 1.9tdi B6

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Just inside the boot is a small plastic gromet, pop that off and there's a screw (Torx I think?) inside. Unscrew that DONT DROP IT and the light will hinge out from the rear and pop off. Be careful how you remove it till you see how it's fixed. I don't know about the reversing light wire, but you'll work it out from the PCB I expect.

How did you mark the holes to know where to drill without removing the bumper?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    Rear light cluster reverse signal is blue/red colour wire.
    (From Reverse Camera thread previously documented.)
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable