Help... B7 doors on a B6?

C17LJR

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My mate is fixing up a B7 avant and is wondering if he can fit a front door from a B6? Are they the same or different?

Also, saloon/avant fronts... are they interchangeable?

Cheers, carl

I would think they're all the same, but I can't speak from experience. The blades are interchangeable so they must be pretty close.

As long as the trim fittings are the same.

they are the same through 2001 2008 B6 B7

Thanks bez. Knew the blades and doorcards were the same, thought the doors were too but just wasn't 100% the swag line was?

So is the avant and saloon fronts the same too?

No they are not.

The swag line is totally different, they fit but they just wont follow the B6 swag line.

If you think about the B7 front end conversion he could only use the tip of the B7 wing because the swag line would not line up with the B6 doors.

SWAG line?

Must be that shaped crease along the side of the B7 the B6 doesn't have.

No they are not.

The swag line is totally different, they fit but they just wont follow the B6 swag line.

If you think about the B7 front end conversion he could only use the tip of the B7 wing because the swag line would not line up with the B6 doors.

Thanks mate, exactly what I was worried about.

So we need a replacement B7 door, can it be a saloon or avant one?

Front doors are all the same but the back door window frames are different but if she window frames on the car are good then all you do is bolt them out and put them in the Avant door, dimples.