sign of the times

vr6gordy

Reaction score
today i went to asda shoping and on leaving driving past the petrol pumps i saw an f430 filing up with asda petrol ..just show the price of pertol when you get a ferrairi putting a very low grade of fuel to run it

Hope the guy has money left over for a cab or taxi home as it wont be long before he has to phone Ferrari or even the AA. This is what kills me about the so called high rollers with these sort of car's no F..king sense.

Last edited:
i thought you had to run cars like that on shell optimax...thats what i said to the wife

Correct i don't think it states in the Ferrari owners manual that Asda fuel is the one to go for. lol

He could of just almost run out and just putting enough in to get him to a pump selling decent 98/99 octane fuel......

or he just dont give a s*** as he is loaded or this is how he save up for it lol cheap petrol savings in a pot 15 years latter bingo lol

On the fuel thing, I have had my 2.4V6 2003 cab for 2 months and only run it on standard unleaded, should I be running on 98 instead....manual says either is ok but there is some power loss on 95....

Be fair guys, he probably just had to nip by and get a top up on Asda fuel because he's run out of chip fat oil. You should always check out the facts first.

;)

Money must be tight for everyone, saw an F430 spider filling up at Sainbury's recently as well......

maybe they might no something we dont about supermarket fuel .......................... then maybe not super market fuel is ****... whats the point of having a car like an f430 and when you come putyour foot down to overtake you have cought fart cought bang... just had a funny thing pop into my head you must rememebr the fast and the furious where brian races a ferriari he asks whats the retail on one of those driver replys more the you can aford pal and then revs his engine .. why didnt brian then say least i can aford good fuel then rev his engine and spit a frame out the back

Last edited:
Raises the question though of how many of us normal drivers, forgetting the rare F430 ones, are still using 'super' unleaded?
I suppose its a financial issue, as we're all in different circumstances, but with 'super' now approaching £1.40 a litre its a real costing issue for some. Not sure I can justify keeping on paying £90 to fill the car up when its £5-£7 cheaper to use normal stuff. And its going to get worse of course...It could easily be £1.50 by the summer and even higher by winter, if it doesn't fall back before then and America's heaters start to fire up. (God knows what will happen if the middle east still keeps on being fragile...especially if it hits Saudi Arabia.)
I still wouldn't use Asda or Tesco normal petrol as you may as well put washing up water in the tank! though the 'super' tesco stuff isn't too bad I suppose.
Raises the question though 'Which is the 'best' normal stuff?'
Of the supermarkets I believe morrison's petrol is good (and the cheapest) as is Sainsbury's. BP's, Texaco's and Esso's petrol is expensive & Shell's seems to be a bit off these days since they rebranded it late last year.
Just my thoughts....
Andy

I trialed V-Power diesel for a while, but there were no obvious improvements for me so I've reverted to normal Shell, which is still 135.9 around here, with V-Power being maybe 7 or 10p more I can't justify it.

When Tesco do their 5p off per litre offer I put that in too with no negative effects.

I run my diesel on shell or bp only, the engine just doent like morrisons or any supermarket stuff. To be honest though shell is as cheap round here for diesel as the supermarkets at 132.9. others are upto 136.9 ive seen(BP). The mileage i do though i cant complain as i only fill up once a fortnight and it is only a tenner extra on a fill up on this time last year. A tenner goes nowhere now (espesially in the pub)

I always fill up with v-power. Luckily near my work there is a shell garage that price match with asda so v-power is about £1.35ish. Means there is normally a queue going out onto the road though.