EM TuningSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

sign of the times

today i went to asda shoping and on leaving driving past the petrol pumps i saw an f430 filing up with asda petrol ..just show the price of pertol when you get a ferrairi putting a very low grade of fuel to run it

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Hope the guy has money left over for a cab or taxi home as it wont be long before he has to phone Ferrari or even the AA. This is what kills me about the so called high rollers with these sort of car's no F..king sense.
    Last edited by CMD; 27th February 2011 at 22:25.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

5th Gear

Status
    i thought you had to run cars like that on shell optimax...thats what i said to the wife

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Correct i don't think it states in the Ferrari owners manual that Asda fuel is the one to go for. lol
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    It was probably an MR2 kit car ..... Lol
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    It was probably an MR2 kit car ..... Lol
    dam good kit then cos it looked real lol ...it was a real one

1st Gear

Status
    that'd be rented then
    Audi A4 B6 Avant 04 (1.8T 190 Quattro)
    Mods - CustomCode Stage 1, Cruise Retrofit, HID's, B7 Key.
    Wanted : Auto light switch, auto dimming mirror

6th Gear

Status
    He could of just almost run out and just putting enough in to get him to a pump selling decent 98/99 octane fuel......
    8V S3 Sportback with options on order

6th Gear

Status
    or he just dont give a s*** as he is loaded or this is how he save up for it lol cheap petrol savings in a pot 15 years latter bingo lol

3rd Gear

Status
    On the fuel thing, I have had my 2.4V6 2003 cab for 2 months and only run it on standard unleaded, should I be running on 98 instead....manual says either is ok but there is some power loss on 95....
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Be fair guys, he probably just had to nip by and get a top up on Asda fuel because he's run out of chip fat oil. You should always check out the facts first.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    That is poor! I run my van on V-Power Diesel, let alone an F430

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

3rd Gear

Status
    Money must be tight for everyone, saw an F430 spider filling up at Sainbury's recently as well......
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

5th Gear

Status
    maybe they might no something we dont about supermarket fuel .......................... then maybe not super market fuel is ****... whats the point of having a car like an f430 and when you come putyour foot down to overtake you have cought fart cought bang... just had a funny thing pop into my head you must rememebr the fast and the furious where brian races a ferriari he asks whats the retail on one of those driver replys more the you can aford pal and then revs his engine .. why didnt brian then say least i can aford good fuel then rev his engine and spit a frame out the back
    Last edited by vr6gordy; 1st March 2011 at 18:42.

1st Gear

Status
    Raises the question though of how many of us normal drivers, forgetting the rare F430 ones, are still using 'super' unleaded?
    I suppose its a financial issue, as we're all in different circumstances, but with 'super' now approaching 1.40 a litre its a real costing issue for some. Not sure I can justify keeping on paying 90 to fill the car up when its 5-7 cheaper to use normal stuff. And its going to get worse of course...It could easily be 1.50 by the summer and even higher by winter, if it doesn't fall back before then and America's heaters start to fire up. (God knows what will happen if the middle east still keeps on being fragile...especially if it hits Saudi Arabia.)
    I still wouldn't use Asda or Tesco normal petrol as you may as well put washing up water in the tank! though the 'super' tesco stuff isn't too bad I suppose.
    Raises the question though 'Which is the 'best' normal stuff?'
    Of the supermarkets I believe morrison's petrol is good (and the cheapest) as is Sainsbury's. BP's, Texaco's and Esso's petrol is expensive & Shell's seems to be a bit off these days since they rebranded it late last year.
    Just my thoughts....
    Andy

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I trialed V-Power diesel for a while, but there were no obvious improvements for me so I've reverted to normal Shell, which is still 135.9 around here, with V-Power being maybe 7 or 10p more I can't justify it.

When Tesco do their 5p off per litre offer I put that in too with no negative effects.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    I run my diesel on shell or bp only, the engine just doent like morrisons or any supermarket stuff. To be honest though shell is as cheap round here for diesel as the supermarkets at 132.9. others are upto 136.9 ive seen(BP). The mileage i do though i cant complain as i only fill up once a fortnight and it is only a tenner extra on a fill up on this time last year. A tenner goes nowhere now (espesially in the pub)
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

4th Gear

Status
    I always fill up with v-power. Luckily near my work there is a shell garage that price match with asda so v-power is about 1.35ish. Means there is normally a queue going out onto the road though.
    Sam,

Gone