Sunday, a day for discovery!

Dilligaf-UK

Chugging along
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well, I've had the car for a couple of months, but almost half of that it spent in the BodyShop and the weather hasn't been great, so I suppose I can be forgiven for not finding out before now, but.....

I've just found that my car has 5mm (or thereabouts) wheel spacers fitted all round and also has a Jetex exhaust!

I got a full service history when I bought the car, but as I got it through a third party, I didn't get a history of the modifications off of the previous owner and as this is my first "proper" Audi (not including the Wife's A2 roller-skate), I really didn't know what was and wasn't 'standard' - I knew the wheels were bigger than they should be, but that was it.

Think I might try and contact the previous keeper to see what else has been done - with any luck it's already been remapped and has an RS4 ARB too!

Thats a result. Do you know if the Jetex system is a full system to the down pipe (below the cat) or a mid system to the center box.

I think its a Cat Back system, but I'll confirm that during the week when it goes for it's MOT.

The annoying thing though is that now I have to declare the exhaust and spacers to my insurance company... 4rse!

I think its a Cat Back system, but I'll confirm that during the week when it goes for it's MOT.

The annoying thing though is that now I have to declare the exhaust and spacers to my insurance company... 4rse!

Paaa Tell them sweet FA not unless the guilt is over overwhelming you.

Just a pity the previous owner didn't spend some cash sorting the bits that didn't work or on the engine covers etc.....

I bet he was a forum member somewhere though - god only knows where though.

I'm in Kent, but the last owner came from Worcestershire I believe

I've just spoken to the previous owner........

Nice Bloke, loved the car and was sorry to see it go.... Before it went, it had a full service, new clutch, new coil packs and a Peak Flow Meter.....

It was also Remapped! Woo Hoo!!! Apparently it was done by Angel Tuning, and developed 250BHP - now, I don't believe that figure, I would guess 215 and he misheard when he was told!

Has anyone any experience of the Angel Tuning remaps?

You lucky man. Have you any more plans for it.

Got to work out how to check the rear ARB - with any luck it'll be the RS4 one!

As for future plans, have a few ideas, but got to find another job first - either that or sell the A4 so we can live LOL

As for the claimed figures, aren't those figures an "average"? So could be higher? Although more likely lower!

The rear RS4 ARB is a worth while mod

Measure the diameter of the ARB, that should tell you, the RS4's is quite a lot thicker than stock. there's a thread on here with the info somewhere.

I think the standard one is 18mm and the RS4 one is 22mm - I'll crawl under this week with a tape measure - or maybe just wait until it's in for it's MOT and check when it's over the inspection pit.

If it's not already been done, then it will be near the top of the list when the money is flowing again - that and a reversing camera!

One thing that does need to be done this week is replacing the Crank Sensor - got the part, just haven't had the time to fit it yet. Then it's into Audi for the Free Coil Pack replacement!

Just had an email back from Angel Tuning - they don't keep records for the cars they remap (and by the sound of it, don't do before and after Dyno runs to establish the before and after figures) but they reckon it would be 215bhp and 210ft/lb.....

But I guess that's assuming it made 190bhp when they started!

Bet you're looking forward to a rolling road test? Abbey motorsport are in your kneck of the woods and are pretty good.

Yup, can't wait to run it on Rolling Road - got to get that organised methinks!

Did they not RR test it when it was remapped? If so they might still have a record of it.

Apparently not - it's not what they do from what I understand.

They don't keep any records, and don't issue BHP/Torque Charts either ....

Sounds like a super cheapy Remap to me!

Well, I've been under the car today whilst at the MOT Station and it's got a super skinny standard Rear ARB - so it looks like I'll be upgrading that to an RS4 one at some stage!

On a brighter note, She flew through her MOT without any problems at all - which is nice.