After Market Cruise Control

waverunner

Reaction score
Hi all, I'ma newbie to this site and was wondering is it possible to fit cruise control to my 2002 A4 2.5tdi ??? If so how much is it and where can I get it fitted please.
Any advise greatly received. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
waverunner said:
Any advise greatly received. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif as there are people who have done this- a couple of hundred squid or so

Hi welcome to the forum;

Yes it can be done, its costs about £200 (or £400 from Audi) for the genuine stalk, bottom cowling and control unit and your car to be programmed to recognise the cruise control.

Send a post to a4sline, he's the man who can do this.

heres mine (below the indicator stalk)

Most tuners can do this...

AmD, Stealth, AwesomeGTI, Fontain, Star Performance and so on.

Choose the one closest to you.

How lucky am I, my dealer made a mistake with my order, and missed of the DIS. Pretty annoying but I've realised after much research that nothing can be done about it.

They are fitting cruise free of charge on Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Yes.I'd would demand DIS, as cruise control isnt hard to install, I reckon DIS is, you being short changed there mate.

Yep I realised I’ve been a little short changed.

They did give me the option of taking the car for 2 weeks and if I wasn’t happy I could take it back no questions asked. After driving it though I was so happy with it, and I didn’t want all the hassle of trying to find another car with virtually just the right spec I was looking for.

I will try and milk them for a while though, they’ve admitted they’ve messed up and were very apologetic. I’ve got a couple of tiny jobs for them to do which I think they’ll sort out under the circumstances.

Funnily enough the dealer originally said cruise COULD NOT be retro fitted. After joining this forum and finding this could be done I asked my dealer how come AMD can easily do it but they couldn’t?!?!

They magically changed their mind!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

"They did give me the option of taking the car for 2 weeks and if I wasn’t happy I could take it back no questions asked. After driving it though I was so happy with it, and I didn’t want all the hassle of trying to find another car with virtually just the right spec I was looking for"

Yes, I know what you mean, its not a deal breaker and after all if you are happy with the car it doesnt matter, but dont let the dealer know that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I asked Swindon Audi to fit cruise control on my 2002 B6 1.8T
Swindon Audi said 'no'
so I got it fitted at AMD, its great.

I am thinking of retro fitting cruise to my A3 (8P) and know you can get the kit, including lower coweling for around 120 quid. And I know you need to activate it once fitted with VAG COM.

Question is 'Do you have to remove steering wheel to fit control unit' It looks 'U' shaped to avoid the need for this, but can anyone confirm ?.

TIA

Yes you do need to take the steering wheel off, so dont forget to disconnect your battery first, although you can have it fitted by a pro for £200 with no risk.

You also need login codes to allow the car to recognise and switch on the cruise control function.

HTH

Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Swindon Audi said 'no'

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the same answer from Northfield Audi in Tetbury, who've been otherwise excellent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Therefore I took the car to Millhouse in Bath who were more than willing to help and did an excellent job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Swindon Audi are best avoided I think. I work in Swindon and I still wouldn't use them. I once took my last car (a Passat) to their neighbours, Mann Egerton, to fix a squeak while the car was still under warranty. It wasn't until the car had been in SEVEN times over six weeks, and had half the engine replaced, that they finally diagnosed the problem as a worn power steering belt. On the positive side, I did get a new set of rear pads fitted FOC for all the hassle.

Whilst I'd hesitate to immediately tar Swindon Audi with the same brush, I do know that my ex-girlfriend is on first name terms with most of the service staff there as her TT has been in numerous times owing to their failure to fix a persistent warning light problem...

So did I!, but theres a guy who can supply and fit these using genuine VAG parts and will programme your car for about £200, well worth it and it only takes about an hour.

[ QUOTE ]
Swindon Audi said 'no'

[/ QUOTE ]

Same her m8. Had my cruise control fitted at AMD (along with ECU remap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif )'bout 2 weeks ago. So much easier now on motorways and A roads. Bit more to pay for a pro job, but v. satisfied.