Rear wiper going nuts?!?

Simon S4

Reaction score
Everytime I start up my S4 estate the rear wiper comes on for no apparant reason - after 5-10 secs it stops, sometime in the middle of the rear screen - I have read that this is a relatively common problem but what is the best (and cheapest) way to get this fixed? I can imagine that Audi would charge a couple of hundred quid for this...?

Thanks

New motor is about £80 I think. The washer pipe splits and wrecks the circuitry in the motor causing it to go haywire, so make sure you fix that first!

yes its a common fault you can replace it yourself within an hour or so, you may find the wiper arm maybe very difficult to remove and I suggest a wiper arm puller as they seem to weld to the spindle, like statement above water leaks into motor electrics causing the issue, don't leave it to long as the water will eventually drip down to the boot locking mechanism and this can cause more issues when looking the car as either the alarm wont set or the boot wont open properly, happened to me as the contacts got wet I was lucky as that could off been an additional expense.
price I brought one from AUDI BATH £86 including vat that was late last year.
Hope this helps
PAul.

as above 100% at the same time when the rear panel is of, dry the boot out of any sitting water and spray contact cleaner on the electrical terminals in there aswell, to get rid of any moisture on them

thanks - looks like the leak has affected the boot lock, and the light stays on - and the alarm also goes haywire...a real pain...