What 19" wheels for my S4?

cfoster

Reaction score
Had my heart set on a set of 9.5x19 NBA lm reps but been advised that at this width with a 235/35 tyre the way they drive are awful? Not sure if an 8.5 wide LM will look good enough? Anyone got them on their A4/S4 in 8.5x19? If not any other suggestions with what wheels to buy as ive already sold my S4 ones! Budget up to about a grand with tyres!

At the mo the car is back to red but going Matt/satin black in the next few weeks.

Cheers
Chris

just a thought i had these tomason tn4s on my mondeo but you can get some nice ones and different styles through them

016-3.jpg

026-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

024-3.jpg

Last edited:
I run 19"x8.5 LM reps with a 235 tyre as my summer wheel's. I have never had any problem's with them. They are off at the moment for some custom work. I paid the extra for powder coated lips/rim from Merseyspeed.

IMG_0171-4.jpg

IMG_2177-1-1.jpg

For a while now I have been toying with the LM's but with a grey lip and black crackle finish centres............
LM's seem to look great on so many cars !

Actually the 8.5's do look smart!! ET wise what should I go for?! I get so confused with whats what!! basically i'd like them quite wide (as in sticking more out hte arches than in) so would I need a lower or higher offset?!

I'd stick with 45et and then get spacers if needed as don't forget the extra .5" will fill the arches a bit more. but the lower the number then the further out they sit. your wheels now are 45et and if you put on 10mm spacers then they would be 35et.

Have you considered the Neuspeed RSe14? they are a lightweight wheel. I was thinking of picking up a set in the summer

please don't do reps! (sorry to anyone that does run them, but an S4 shouldn't)

i'd go with something OEM ish, speedlines, phaeton helios, a8 platform rims are always a good shout but normally either 18" or 20"

what about MTM Bi-motos? stunning wheel and similar in style to original RS4 9 spokes

they will fit yes, i've read somewhere that you might have to run with spacers though?

cfoster. Buy oem wheels if you are going to stick with them for a long time, as you said £1,000 is your budget and it will be maxed on oem. Like many members i change my mind alot when it come's to wheels so i will always buy rep's as styles alway's change.. My Polo has had a fare amount of wheel's over the year's and as wheel's come in and out of fashion.

yeah im not fussed about oem's to be honest, I wouldve kept the standard Avus ones if I was! Want something a little bit different but not too chavvy. I think i'll probbaly go for the LM's in 8.5, having been on Audizine it seems that 9.5 wide at the front it possible but may need a bit of arch work, something i would've been fine with when I was 18yrs old but really can't be bothered now!! If the 8.5s look too narrow i'll sling some spacers on!

I think you will be happy with 8.5 wide with a 235 tyre if you can go for et35 as spacer's will not be needed.