Service 1.9tdi 130

will89

Reaction score
What parts do i need? It had a major service before i bought it last year. I have looked on eurocarparts as they are just around the corner from me. Should i buy the OEM quality parts? For example fuel filter is around £10 for the cheaper one or the Hengst one is around £20. Also do the glow plugs need changing?

A couple other things as my first service on this car, has the sump plug got a washer or anything that will need changing and what sort of fitment is it?
Also how easy is it to change the fuel filter?

Another thing is the pollen and carbon filters... where are they located and do they need changing?

Thanks in advance.

Lots of questions .....

I only ever buy genuine stuff, something's it's best not to skimp on. Oil, air and fuel filter will be required, pollen filter is optional but worth doing if the car is new to you. Its located on the nearside at the base of the screen.

Do the glowlpugs need doing? Is the car starting ok?

I've not done a fuel filter on a 1.9, but I can't see it being that difficult - fill the new filter with clean diesel first which always helps.

All the OEM filters are MANN if I remember correctly.

Lots of questions .....

I only ever buy genuine stuff, something's it's best not to skimp on. Oil, air and fuel filter will be required, pollen filter is optional but worth doing if the car is new to you. Its located on the nearside at the base of the screen.

Do the glowlpugs need doing? Is the car starting ok?

I've not done a fuel filter on a 1.9, but I can't see it being that difficult - fill the new filter with clean diesel first which always helps.

Car starts first time every time even through the hard winter we have had. Is there a rubber seal on the sump plug which would need changing?

Wouldnt have thought there would be a rubber seal its usually a copper washer

hi mate this engine is very easy to service . when you change the fuel filter have plenty of rags handy to catch the fuel you will spill when pulling the feed a return pipes off here is no rubber washer on the sump plug its metal i usually buy a new plug with the washer fitted very cheap also get yourself the proper removal tool for the oil filter canister you can do it with other tools but if its tight you risk damageing it and its only about 6 quid . you dont need to fill the fuel filter before fitting just turn the ignition on and off a few times when the pipes are connected to the new filter this will prime it . one more thing i always do at service time is put a bottle of forte diesel treatment in the fuel tank this is cracking stuff only sold in the trade but available on ebay for about a tenner . hope this helps

Could someone tell me the part numbers for the Fuel filter, oil filter and pollen filter please. I have ordered a k&n panel filter, and have all ready got oil.

Thanks.

Ordered parts from TPS today:

Oil filter: £2.89
Fuel Filter: £11.28
Pollen Filter: £6.75 (all exc.VAT)

Also ordered three of the covers from the engine bay came to £36.46 inc vat for the covers!

Think i am going to get a K&N panel filter instead of a genuine audi one, should help with the tuning box too.