A4 B6 Avant Alarm location

robbyvanz

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum. I have a 03 A4 B6 Avant. The alarm has been faulty lately, and I'm assuming it the internal batteries that are dead. Can anyone tell me where the Alarm is on the Avant? I've checked the right rear panel, but there's just the sub and amp back there.

Thanks,
Robby

i thought it was in the right rear

quattro james,

can you confirm if its on the drivers or passenger side rear panel? I have a Avant as well.

thanks,
Robby

Just realized since I have a North American model, the drivers side is on the left. Is the alarm located in the right rear below the sub enclosure?

I have exactly the same problem on 03 Avant. See Woorlord's reply to my query of yeterday, which gives an excellent pictorial guide to a cheap replacement method using Maplin batteries. Chrisavant

How to fix it for the fraction of the cost of a new siren unit from Audi!
Pictures are for a Saloon - but principle the same for the Avant and Alarm should be easier to get to.

On a UK Avant it is definitely on the drivers (right) side in the rear quarter. Right at the very bottom below the sub/amp enclosure. I have removed the enclosure on mine so I know its there for sure.

So I got the alarm out, replaced the batteries with the mod in the thread link, but the siren is toast. The battery acid has eaten the circuit board beyond repair. In North America, the dealers want $350 for the siren. Has anyone tried using the VW part# 1J0 951 605A. It looks identical for $86.

Stock Alarm Replacement using VW Alarm?