EM TuningSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Retro-fit Sat Nav RNS-E (from 'concerto') - where can this be done in South-East?

I am thinking of retrofitting my 2004 S4 with Sat Nav (the RNS-E system), from its current 'concerto' single CD radio. I undertstand that as it is going from a small slot to a bigger one it takes a bit more time and the conversion is more expensive - but where in the South-East can this be done? I came across a place in Bradford but this would mean a day trip for me...any tips?

Simon

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    get the parts needed and diy
    its very easy

Neutral

Status
    Thanks bez101 - even the conversion from one 'single' concerto into the 'double' slot needed for the sat nav? ...I am not very much into DIY...?!?

5th Gear

Status
    I've done two single to double dinn conversions now although i didn't fit RNSE'S ( i used kenwood media systems ). It's not that bad to do providing you have all the correct parts, i actually used new double dinn consoles on both as they are slightly different to single dinn ones and all original parts were kept to re-install on sale of the cars, i have a pdf on this if you require it.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

3rd Gear

Status
    I did a single to double in my last B6 saloon, took 6 hours approx but as long as you have a decent selection of socket set kinda stuff its actually pretty easy. Then the RNS-E just slots in, mine was cool even though I say so myself.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

1st Gear

Status
    Can i have a pdf please!!
    B6 A4 Avant 1.8T (190) S-Line

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hartey View Post
    Me Too, Please
    Audi A4 1.8T quattro S Line Avant

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hartey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AU01 A4 View Post
    Me Too, Please
    Please pm me your email and i will forward it on
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Neutral

Status

Check this out

Hi Im new to the site and Im looking to do the same thing with my B6 Cabriolet I have a link to somewhere in the southeast that can retro fit, if you want it let me know if I can post it on here and I will send it

BahnStormer

Status
    HazzyDayz (VWcruise.com) are based near St Albans, but they will travel anywhere around London for next to nothing if you'd prefer to have it fitted at your house.... that said, they're not cheap these days

It's a viable DIY job, but takes a few hours, general jist of it is: glove box off, old stereo out, aircon buttons out, single din cage out, double din cage in, cut half an inch off each side of the aircon buttons so that it fits lower in the console, fit those back in, then slide the RNS-E into the double DIN cage.... there's little bit more to it (especially if you want to mount the satnav antenae behind the dials and also the VAGcom recode to get the directions on the centre dials, but you could probably do most of it at home and then persuade somebody on here to help you out with the VAGCom stuff if you turn up with a few cold beers...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Neutral

Status
    You must have read my mind? thats the link I was going to give him thanks

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I had mine fitted from a forum member, I sourced all the parts from pjmspeedy such as the double din cage, RNS-E. It took a few hours to complete but was worth it.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi, I'm looking to do the same and I'm wondering do the install kits on eBay hold in the aircon aswell as the double din stereo?
    Or do I need to get a genuine Audi double din cage?
    Also do I need to move the console surround( the piece that goes down around the gearstick and back around the armrest)?
    I would greatly appreciate any help or tips as I'm a bit nervous about taking this job on.
    Cheers,
    Kevin.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kev1000 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to do the same and I'm wondering do the install kits on eBay hold in the aircon aswell as the double din stereo?
    Or do I need to get a genuine Audi double din cage?
    Also do I need to move the console surround( the piece that goes down around the gearstick and back around the armrest)?
    I would greatly appreciate any help or tips as I'm a bit nervous about taking this job on.
    Cheers,
    Kevin.
    Pm me your email address and i'll send you a pdf on how to do it, i've done two now and there not that bad to do

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    Pm me your email address and i'll send you a pdf on how to do it, i've done two now and there not that bad to do
    pm sent