Return to A4

samuelt

Reaction score
HI All

Been away from the A4's for a while as i had a A3 but just been out yesterday and bought a 2003 A4 2.5tdi Convertible with Multitronic (yes i know may be spelt T R O U B L E). It has done 73k and had a new gearbox and ECU at 72k so hopingfor the best! I have though a couple of questions some of you may be able ot answer, they are not all cab related.

The car has full electric leather seats, but the drivers does not go up or down or tip. It makes lots of motor noises but does nothing... any idea?

The Concert CD player volume button is faulty, when you turn the volume up it sometimes goes to 0 then 1 then 0 then 7. IS this common? can it be fixed?

Is it easy to replace the glovebox door? i only noticed today but it has been glued at the hinges and that is failing.

Did all of the cabs come with extendable boot loaders fro the roof? and should the cogs of the motors be visable, looks like 2 pannels are missing that should hide these?

Thanks for any advice.

The seat maybe like a ford it has a motor with a worm screw on it ,it will need replaced if its the same

seat is a worn screw rod dont know real name for it prety easy fix as above like the fords always fail

there is a fix for the radio dont always work id just replace

glovebox door very very easy to swap round

take a pic of the cogs theres someting missing as theres always covered

There are a couple of gloveboxes on ebay at the min.

As for the extendable boot loader for the roof, everything is pretty much covered. If you can post pics I will compare it to mine if you like. The lever that moves left to right or right to left to move the big flap is prone to failing and is very expensive to fix........

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Thanks you for all of the replys!

Is there any 'how to' on this website or others that details how to fix the seat?

I will keep an eye on ebay for the glovebox as the ones at present are the wrong colour

regards the stereo, i may look for a new one!

bex101 i have had to set google picasa to get this pic up so hope it works!

20110220_002.jpg

hmm im sure mine wasnt like that
but when the flaps down you cant see it
iv got one in the yard i can check tmoro but im sure someone with 1 to hand will pop along soon

Hi, just took a couple of piccys of mine for you, looks like you got a bit missing I'm afraid....

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

thanks for taking the picture, it looks like the bits are misssing :( not going to ask Audi how much i think i would faint, may contact a breaker.