Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: gap insurance

1st Gear

Status

gap insurance

i have recently taken out a warranty with the aa for the car i recently bought, then the other day they called me up offering me a gap insurance policy, i have never had anyexperience of gap insurance so am looking for some advice, for example, if my car is written off or stolen and not recovered, and my insurance company pays out Ł7000, then the gap insurance will make up the difference to the full amount i paid for the car

the cover is for 3 years at Ł9 a month

just lookin for advice or to hear from anybody who has any experience with gap insurance
    2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 TDI S Line 163BHP
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Only really applicable if you bought a car brand new and on finance.... worked in car sales for years and would never recommend it on a used vehicle...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2nd Gear

Status
    Be very careful and read the small print with these companies that offer an extended warranty ( especially the aa) i've recently cancelled mine because my rear wiper motor was leaking water from the internal pipe making it short out, they said it was'nt covered because it had water ingress go figure that one and that was after they said my convenience control module was'nt covered (Ł600) but they were very happy to take my Ł37 a month for nearly a year, so many people said to me dont bother just put the money in a jar for when you need it, guess what i do now.

Hope you have better luck

Jay

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jolly14 View Post
    so many people said to me dont bother just put the money in a jar for when you need it, guess what i do now.
    IMO this applies to most insurance policies, as the insurer takes your premium to make a profit!

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC ÂŁ999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    i find that any insurance company is only looking out for its own interests! any reason they find not to pay out they will find! my good friend had a vw passat that was stolen and not recoverd! he only had 1 set of keys! and they used this as as an excuse not to pay out saying that it was not not possible to steal said car without a set of keys! never recievied a penny for his car that was legitamitley stolen!

2nd Gear

Status
    That sounds about right, its always the customer that gets shafted and all the insurance companies are saying they have to put premiums up because they are not making enough profit....................what a total load of bullsh1t.

Jay