Boot wont open? Deadlocked?

Cviji

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to open my boot?

The handle wont work and when you put the key into the lock on the boot it wont turn, does this mean its deadlocked?

Any help would be fantastic as I could really do with getting in there!:banghead:

Even deadlocked the key should still work, try getting some lube in the key hole and work it in and out and side to side gently. The key is rarely used and the locks tend to seize over time, mine was.

sounds like the little white plastic gromet has come off the lock ..happened to me had to take front seats out so i could lay flat and get my arm in with a pole and pop the lock off the catch night mare to do ..hope its just stuck for you

Thanks for the replies..

I havent managed to get it open yet, but I took the back seats out and atleast managed to remove stuff from the boot that I needed! Will have to look at fixing it next weekend :ermm:

I can't find the circuit diagram for the saloon - it only gives info on the Avant in the guides I have.
I would assume the wiring is nearly the same in terms of colours etc.

You could try finding the 0.5mm2 yellow/red wire that runs from the Convenience module (under passenger seat) down the n/s sil to the boot area.
Cut this wire at a convenient point and with the wire leading to the boot touch to +12v, this should energise the boot motor to unlock.