swap dis and cc from 1.9 to 2.5????????

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
i have a 2.5 tdi sport and a 1.9 tdi se! se has dis and cc the 2.5 does not is it possible to swap these parts from one to the other and if so can anyboby do this cause this one is over my head!

you will need to recode the clocks for immobiliser to work
stupid question from me is the 2.5 a v6 ?
if it is a v6 the clocks may not work not sure on diesels sumat to do with the rev counter
i know on the petrol the v6 clocks wont work on say 1.8 2,0

yeah 2.5 tdi 1.9 tdi be nice if i could swap as these are wasted on the wife! she cant even use the cc! dont know why i married the useless mare! oh sorry i do coz she told me i had too!

yes iff they are both avants or saloons, as the dis stalk on the avant pushes back for the rear wiper. Recode clocks? you will need vagcom to deal with the coding for the abs, steering angle sensor and turning on the cruise and dis. recoding clocks is only needed for a cluster change i believe

oh no! avant and saloon! ****! no cheap fix on this one then! forgot about the small matter of the leaky sub standard rear wiper carry on! ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You only need to fit the DIS stalk and code the instruments to accept it. Then DIS works.
Cruise Needs the stalk and maybe a new control module, vagcom coding and all good.

Yeah, as above, you just need to tell the clocks they're fitted to a 4 pot or a 6 pot engine but you need the SKC (secure key code)!

wish it was that easy on a petrol i have 2 seys of RS4 an 1 S4
with colour DIS