JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Avo
    Ex-pat

Status

Rain dispersal products

Looking to find out which products people recommend to prevent build up of rain (as an alternative to wipers).

I've only really used RainX before and wondered what else is out there and used/recommended?

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    This is the best stuff by far. I have used this on my car and other people's windscreens for other 5 year's it knock's spot's of any other rain repellent on the market.
    Carlack - Glass Sealing Kit

Carlack Glass sealing kit deep cleans and seals windscreens and glass. The kit contains a very high quality glass cleaner that is also effective on chrome and a nano-tech glass sealer.
    After being treated with the Carlack Glass sealing kit glass becomes extremely smooth reducing the adhesion of sleet, dirt, smeary oils, insects, stubborn road films and snow. The product highly increases water repellency, causing moisture to bead and roll off the glass even at low speeds. This leads to dramatically better visibility and prevents soiling of windshields, side windows, headlights (glass) and mirrors.

A windshield treated with glass sealant is easier to clean. Contaminants even ice sit on the surface of the glass so they can be removed easily. Use of the glass sealant considerably reduces wiper blade wear.

Cleaning glass with ordinary glass cleaners or antifreeze washer fluids will not affect product durability.
    Instructions:

Apply basic cleaner with cotton or microfibre cloth using vigorous, overlapping circular movements and let it dry. After 5-8 minutes, a grey film appears. Wipe off residue and repeat if necessary when cleaning hard water-spots. Especially on windscreens use basic cleaner before the application of glass sealant.

Since the surface has to be wax, grease and silicone free, clean it thoroughly before the application of glass sealant. Apply glass sealant with a clean dry paper towel sparingly but thoroughly. Let it dry for 10 minutes. Moisten the window with clear water and buff of residue.

Recommendation:

Seal windshields every 2-3 months, all other windows every 4-6 months.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    Looks like good stuff - the last time i used some i put some on my house windows?!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Nice one Colin.

I found it here for anyone interested.

Carlack - Glass Sealing Kit
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    would this de-tarnish my chrome trim do you think?

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    No as this stuff will not run onto paint work/trim , like all products follow the instructions.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

1st Gear

Status
    lol ah well im still not convinced the chrome/alu trim cant be fixed that stuff does look good though m8