How do you remove the load cover on the avant?

medicpaul

Reaction score
Earlier today I was looking to drop 2/3 bench upright, however it seemed impossible without removing the load cover, after a tug and pull I eventually gave up. How do you remove the load cover cartridge??:banghead:

drop the back seats then open the drivers door iirc and pull sideways out of the car. it attaches to 2 brackets fixed to the rear of the double part of the back seat. it slides sideways off these brackets

Its a heavy old lump!

I think it's very well designed though, how the netting extends to the roof in both positions etc, genius :)

..., how the netting extends to the roof in both positions etc, genius :)

I never knew that! Cheers dude! haha. Mine spends most of its time just sat in the boot as I take my bike places too often. On the odd occassion I put it back on I always seem to have to remove it unexpectedly the next day. And it's a pain to remove with kids car seats in.

Thanks guys, your reply came just in time as I had to pick up a tumble dryer, first car I've had with removal capacity.

Lol I dunno!

You know how the netting/shade thing clips into the roof? Well if you drop the seat backs so the load cover is next to the back of the front seats the netting will extend double height and clip into the roof (see the clips?) - to act as a sort of lightweight cargo bulkhead.

Oh i get you now! Its the little touches that go along way.

Thanks James that may be usefull in persuading the dog not to climb into the front seat